Matías Vecino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody talking about the comments in that youtube clip?

:blush:

Really it's Valverde and Bentacur that start

Im not disputing that. Those 2 are top notch.

Im saying that in the Uruguay squad Vecino isnt as good as those two or Torreira.

Hes better than Nandez and the other guy they have to the left of midfield though.

Toreira i said doesnt play CM for them...he plays as a DM while Vecino is a CM...not really a case of one starting over the other in a position.

We have Morgan Snides, Tom Davies and Iceland in our midfield, he would have to play on 1 leg to be as bad as them.

Yeah but when Gbamin and Gomes are fit...unless Ancelotti rotates alot then hes basically going to be sat behind Gomes.

Id rather we went for younger guys who could take over or players better than we have...not squad fillers.

At least based from how hes been in Italy anyway.

after seeing the clips, he's exactly what we need. we have no running power or penetration in midfield at all. he looks to have these qualities in bucket loads. teams need players like this to break through 'the two banks of four' defensive units. to be honest, he looks more mobile than gomes, and he can dribble out of tight spaces. we need midfielders who can take risks and look forward, and whose first instinct is not try and off-load the ball to someone else square or deep . I think you could play both gomes and this lad in the same team; gomes as the Pirlo, vicino as the gattuso. Hope we get him.

Im saying that in the Uruguay squad Vecino isnt as good as those two or Torreira.

Hes better than Nandez and the other guy they have to the left of midfield though.

Toreira i said doesnt play CM for them...he plays as a DM while Vecino is a CM...not really a case of one starting over the other in a position.

Yeah but when Gbamin and Gomes are fit...unless Ancelotti rotates alot then hes basically going to be sat behind Gomes.

Id rather we went for younger guys who could take over or players better than we have...not squad fillers.

Am I right in assuming Inter paid decent money for him (20+ million a couple of years ago?) Has he kicked on a bit while there?

Looking at some numbers he looks good to be decent at shooting, a bit creative and ok at the defensive side of the game (but not spectacular in any area?)

Is there any update on the fee involved?

My view would be this is one being driven by Ancelotti as opposed to Brands (unless Brands has some statistical or scouting expertise we are unaware of). In a lot of ways it makes sense to back the manager? Our first choice two would seem to be Gomes/Gbamin so the question will be can this lad improve upon them? He may be better than all else we have currently.

Do you really just ask if Brands has any scouting expertise???????????????????????????

You are very close to going on the Dave list.

It wasn't meant to question his scouting expertise, more if he has any specific information on the player that is leading him to push for the transfer. He looks a solid midfield player. My view is Ancelotti will have "taken a lead" on it. If he thinks he's a player he'd have liked in Italy, I am quite comfortable with that.

Shock horror at the bit in bold

It wasn't meant to question his scouting expertise, more if he has any specific information on the player that is leading him to push for the transfer. He looks a solid midfield player. My view is Ancelotti will have "taken a lead" on it. If he thinks he's a player he'd have liked in Italy, I am quite comfortable with that.

Its a thread started by Moomin, which leads me to believe there is no lead to take on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.