2021/22 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the arrogance is a front for maybe lack of confidence when things not going so well hence why he didn't show it when playing well and at his time at West Brom. I've met him a couple of times and he was a nice polite chap but he did have his Mom and Dad with him ?, I know someone who sat next to him on a plane and he said he was a complete nightmare, really loud and showing off to his mates.

A few of my mates know him from when they used to play together growing up. He's just your typical 24/25-year-old bloke. Happens to be a multi-millionaire

The state of this thread.

Some actually intimating he followed through deliberately lol

It was clumsy at worst. Dangerous challenge in the end as it was studs up, so you can see why he was given a red, but it was only because the opposition player’s leg was right there when he put his foot through the ball.

Tale as old as football, nail the oppositions hardest player. I like to see it, shows a bit of want, care and fight. He meant to do him in my opinion. Don’t have a problem with that myself.

Was watching the Manchester Derby yesterday and Utd were getting brushed aside, every single Utd player stood watching City and let them play through them, no passion, no fight, no want, happy to get stuffed, they needed a player to put someone in the stand. In fact last ten mins Ronaldo and Fernandez copped on and did two dirt bird tackles. At least they cared.

I like this about Mason, I remember he buried Firmino into the stand a couple of years ago too. Fair play kid.

Last edited:
Tale as old as football, nail the oppositions hardest player. I like to see it, shows a bit of want, care and fight. He meant to do him in my opinion. Don’t have a problem with that myself.

Was watching the Manchester Derby yesterday and Utd were getting brushed aside, every single Utd player stood watching City and let them play through them, no passion, no fight, no want, happy to get stuffed, they needed a player to put someone in the stand. In fact last ten mins Ronaldo and Fernandez copped on and did two dirt bird tackles. At least they cared.

I like this about Mason, I remember he buried Firmino into the stand a couple of years ago too. Fair play kid.

Hes got the right attitude and as @BlueToff and @Barnfred 55 say he was our best defender when Ferguson took over and then Ancelotti came in.

No idea how hes regressed so much

Hes got the right attitude and as @BlueToff and @Barnfred 55 say he was our best defender when Ferguson took over and then Ancelotti came in.

No idea how hes regressed so much

He was great last year two, remember him filling in at full back with the four-centre half wall we sported around Xmas last year, kept a really impressive body of clean sheets and his perfor,eves we’re great. He always shows fight and want for me.

I like him he’s a really useful squad member and from a business point of view is gold dust and cost neutral almost.

One thing always struck me about. Aston he thrives and plays his best stuff when he feels someone has confidence in him, it happened at West Brom, it’s happened here when managers have trusted him and had confidence in him. The current manager doesn’t strike me as the type, he by all accounts is perpetually unsatisfied and points out things people can do better, I get that has value, yet some personalities need to be given confidence and affirmation, I think Mason is that type of personality myself mate.

He was great last year two, remember him filling in at full back with the four-centre half wall we sported around Xmas last year, kept a really impressive body of clean sheets and his perfor,eves we’re great. He always shows fight and want for me.

I like him he’s a really useful squad member and from a business point of view is gold dust and cost neutral almost.

One thing always struck me about. Aston he thrives and plays his best stuff when he feels someone has confidence in him, it happened at West Brom, it’s happened here when managers have trusted him and had confidence in him. The current manager doesn’t strike me as the type, he by all accounts is perpetually unsatisfied and points out things people can do better, I get that has value, yet some personalities need to be given confidence and affirmation, I think Mason is that type of personality myself mate.

Catch 22

If we give him a run of games at CB he may get his form back...if we throw him into random positions for a few mins a time he doesnt perform.

red card vs no foul
FB_IMG_1636342384495.jpg

The state of this thread.

Some actually intimating he followed through deliberately lol

It was clumsy at worst. Dangerous challenge in the end as it was studs up, so you can see why he was given a red, but it was only because the opposition player’s leg was right there when he put his foot through the ball.

Guess what - the game wants to stamp out these types of challenges where its studs into someones leg, with intent or not. He's not allowed to do it. More consistency would be good, the photo above with the villa player should get the same penalty as Holgate.

As for intent - I think Holgate could have avoided it, I don't think he needed to have gone to ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.