2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
So good to see him back and playing well. My favourite out and out defender at the club tho Godfrey certainly looks like he can give him a run for his money.

Big fan of that run at the very end of the game. Taking responsibility by himself to get us pushed up the field and to waste more time.
Great run but was screaming at him to fall over as that would have definitely killed off the game by getting a free kick and wasting another minute.

What about Holgate at right back? And a more defensive third midfielder with Allan/Douc probably Davies until Gbamin is match fit?433

woth everyone fit I would honestly put holgate into cm instead of gomes... or have him in the group with Alan and doucoure for the two Cm positions. He has defensive qualities and is very good on the ball and deffo isn’t shy of a tackle. He’s still young and a couple of years of coaching could have him as a very good player in the Alan mould

I agree that maybe he should be given a chance in midfield.

He is not a full-back and is too weak in the air as a central defender - Giroud rag-dolled last year
at CFC as he is not physical enough. No way Giroud dominates Mina but he would have had Holgate for supper.

I like Holgate's work ethic and he has a motor also he did all right when he played there last time, so why
not give him a chance as a defensive midfielder?

Status
Not open for further replies.