2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weirdly i did think he'd possibly struggle today.

I do rate him on his day.. but one of the things I've noticed about him is that he does take a little while to get up to speed when he's been out of the fold for a while. He is prone to losing his concentration a fair bit.

Holgate had a mare today but what makes you think Mina stops those two goals? He has hardly been a colossus at the back himself.

He attacks the ball better. Can't remember when someone scored a header past us this season.

Holgate played cos of his pace against Martial and Rashford, turn of pace and the through balls to feet that Mina isn't strong at cutting out.

But we got done on not stopping the crosses.

Holgate had a mare today but what makes you think Mina stops those two goals? He has hardly been a colossus at the back himself.
2 floated balls into the centre of the box , i would think Mina definately gets his head on them. Its not as if he's getting done for pace on the deck is it.
Mina deals with them today mate Holgate was way off.

2 floated balls into the centre of the box , i would think Mina definately gets his head on them. Its not as if he's getting done for pace on the deck is it.
Mina deals with them today mate Holgate was way off.

The balls were placed in between the two centre backs. For me the issue is that nobody tracked the runners coming in to the box so one of the midfielders usually.

Was absolutely awful today, right from the first whistle. Definitely in part due to rustiness but he has some weaknesses that he needs to address too. He’s not as good as many in here seem to think.
It’s like people saying him and Godfrey as pair. Not going to play two 6 ft cb together will it works? We will lose a lot of high ball.

The balls were placed in between the two centre backs. For me the issue is that nobody tracked the runners coming in to the box so one of the midfielders usually.
Call it how you want mate.
I stick by that if Mina plays we dont concede them 2 goals.
He may well have got caught out by pace from Martial ,Rashford etc.
But not beat in the air by Bruno Freekin Fernandez or Rashford.

Far to easy to say no- one tracked the runners when both goals played in the air between 6 to 8 yards out are dealt with by your centre halfs.
Mason did neither.

I wouldn't judge him too harshly today - he's been out for a while. However, I am not as keen on him as some people are. I remain unconvinced by any of our defence, to be honest. Keane has improved this season, but pretty much all of them are better known for going forward rather than defending - even the goalkeeper, it seems (his main quality is his "distribution", apparently).

Call it how you want mate.
I stick by that if Mina plays we dont concede them 2 goals.
He may well have got caught out by pace from Martial ,Rashford etc.
But not beat in the air by Bruno Freekin Fernandez or Rashford.

Far to easy to say no- one tracked the runners when both goals played in the air between 6 to 8 yards out are dealt with by your centre halfs.
Mason did neither.
Seamus coleman should have got out to stop the first cross. He backed off. He stood still on spot and turned his back on cross. Criminal. And then holgate doesnt attack the ball. So 2 mistakes in 2 seconds. You dont get away with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.