2018/19 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cracking player to have available as a bit of cover, even if not top class in any position yet.

Watching the game last night, Holgate already seems to be a much better crosser of the ball than Coleman.
I would definitely have him as part of the first team squad next season.

Send Kenny out on loan for minutes and experience and let Holgate fill the 2nd RB slot as well as helping out at CB. As we've seen over the years seamus is now prone to picking up those little injuries over the course of a season.

think he can do a standard job at RB if Coleman is off it or injured tbh, Won't be setting the world a light but I'd be happy with him at RB if it came to it

I'm still concerned about him defending at a solid Premier League level which I don't think he's ever done for more than a couple weeks in a row and no amount of time at West Brom is going to fix that. Keeping him around as CB and RB cover seems reasonable but I'd be disappointed if we weren't looking at the RB market because we have Holgate and Kenny.

Holgate was visibly upset after the Villa loss. I can see why. If WBA had got into the PL it was a certainty they would have spent a chunk of their new money on signing him from us. We could have got a decent price for him. Now there is no chance of them buying him for the price we would want. He is back home and another player hanging around the wage bill with little chance of getting picked.
Maybe he was upset because he missed the penalty?

Holgate was visibly upset after the Villa loss. I can see why. If WBA had got into the PL it was a certainty they would have spent a chunk of their new money on signing him from us. We could have got a decent price for him. Now there is no chance of them buying him for the price we would want. He is back home and another player hanging around the wage bill with little chance of getting picked.

He'll be on buttons compared to at least 5 players that need to go before Holgate. Key one being Sandro and his healthy £120k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.