2018/19 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Kenny seemingly going out on loan,looks like we are either getting a New right back or giving Holgate a chance to prove that he is worth a place in the first team squad. He has had a full season playing in a team pushing for promotion and has done a good job,according to a few Baggies fans that I know. He will need to show in pre season that he deserves that chance.

No reason he can't come back here next season and provide cover across the back if and when we need it. If we want to achieve anything next season then we need to improve the squad depth. Obviously a few need to go but I wouldn't be getting rid of any of the younger lads.

If he’s happy to be back up I’d have him here next season.
If he has anything about him at all he definitely won't be happy coming back here as a squad player with realistically few chances of playing. The WBA first team experience will have whet his appetite for crowds and first team football. That went out of the window when they lost the play off. We will only get decent money for him from a potential struggling team in the PL next season. He could stay at WBA, but only on loan, as they would not buy him now the money has passed them by.

Seen a few stories that we're willing to let him go on a perm. Not sure about that. Always felt he would be a quality centre half if giving the right guidance by his partner. We're essentially two centre half down already with Zouma and Jagielka departures, reckon could do worse than having Holgate as 4th choice this season.

Seen a few stories that we're willing to let him go on a perm. Not sure about that. Always felt he would be a quality centre half if giving the right guidance by his partner. We're essentially two centre half down already with Zouma and Jagielka departures, reckon could do worse than having Holgate as 4th choice this season.
We’ll be bringing another in I imagine. Maybe Gibson has impressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.