2018/19 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has had some good performances here, but he will always have a problem with height. I’m not entirely convinced. Having said that, he is far too young to write off.

People are jumping the gun a bit when they say they don’t see him having a career in the premiership. Don’t mind whether he strays or goes. It can go either way for young Mason. I wish him luck either way.

Best case for him next year at Everton is 4th CB used in emergencies and League Cup matches. Might be another loan.

Best case for him next year at Everton is 4th CB used in emergencies and League Cup matches. Might be another loan.

....I think it’s clear he won’t be a CB.

Thought he played quite well last night, but the missed penalty was inevitable when I saw the run up. Don’t know why footballers don’t practice and practice. Regardless, the fact he took such a crucial spot kick is a reflection of the players confidence.

I can only imagine he’s already behind Kenny in the queue, and if we do bring a RB in it’s hard to see a future for him with us. Only scenario I can think of where he might stay is if Kenny is sold and Coleman remains 1st choice.

Always liked Mason, he is still developing. Think he is going to be decent still.

Problem is, if you look at him as a right back he’s not top drawer, certainly not as good as the likes of our neighbors young right back.

Then at centre half, he’s not going to get picked in front of Keane, Mina or Zouma if we keep hold of him.

Was watching Holgate against Villa first leg. Wasn't at all convinced - kind of went through the correct motions but wasn't in the least imposing or a threat in any way. Just in the background. And allowing crosses in from average players. Compare to Zouma on that showing, they're miles apart sadly.

West Brom are an average team, I have watched them a few times this season because of Holgate and I don't think they have a player of their own that I would consider a Premiership player.
Holgate has done well but not brilliantly but then Ross Barkley had an even worse time at Leeds and he is a premiership player.

The question is if Holgate can step up his game again to fit in with better players and I think we have seen from some of his games at Everton that he can.
I certainly would not count him out yet.

Can't believe some of you rate this lad so highly.

Sell him to WBA if they go up, wishing the lad well.

He's nowhere near good enough for us. Kenny the far better RB and I'd rather have Pennington at CB.

surely that's a joke, he is one truly woeful player him

Holgate is alrite, had a decent game last night as well ( crossing was a bit dodgey like )

he's a bit of a snide as well which is why I like him a bit, shouldn't be first choice obviously but he'd be a decent back up, would try and loan him for a full season to a premiership team though

Holgate was visibly upset after the Villa loss. I can see why. If WBA had got into the PL it was a certainty they would have spent a chunk of their new money on signing him from us. We could have got a decent price for him. Now there is no chance of them buying him for the price we would want. He is back home and another player hanging around the wage bill with little chance of getting picked.

He's a year older than Stones was when he moved to City - and he's currently on loan at West Brom.

I think it's safe to say he won't be an upgrade on John Stones.

ok ok - not yet. I'm just saying he looks like a good defender, and he may not attract 50m but I think he can play regularly and be like a Jags type. If he's something likeKoscielny it might be good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.