2018/19 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's done a few drag backs and people think we need to bring him back. The lad needs to work on what happens once the ball leaves his feet and also that defending thing he's paid to do. Still a long way from making it here.
Give him some slack mate. He's still only 22 and he's not that far off premier standard. He's had some really good games for us, but makes too many errors at the moment and also needs to improve his passing. Was totally bullied by Arnautovic in the West Ham game and deservedly lost his place in the side.

But he's gone on loan to West Brom to get some game time and by all accounts is doing very well. The Albion fans love him and, in fairness, looks a level above the Championship which is all you can ask of the lad. I watched him in that Autumn friendly against the African team and he was dreadful, totally bereft of confidence. It's good to see that the loan is working.

Still see him as a centre back personally but his ability to cover full back too would be a bonus wouldn't it?

I do wonder how holgate would get on in a defensive midfield role. The lads athletic, strong, confident, determined, good on the ball, can tackle and can pick a pass. I wish unsworth would experiment with some of the lads when they are available for the u23 to see if they can devlope in other areas.

What was he like at Bolton? Hee Hee I still can't work out how I posted that yesterday. Temporary brain malfunction or something. Ah well.

He doesn't have to be 1st choice and can replace Jags in the Summer.
Replacing Jags means we still don't view him as good enough to ever play. Which is why I think he needs to improve a lot before we should be considering him as part of the squad long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.