2018/19 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think the right side of a back three is Holgate's best position.

Probably. Not sure he fits all that well with Silva's idea of attacking fullbacks. He's a massive defensive improvement over Coleman, though. He's definitely gotten a lot stronger since he's been in the PL. My guess is that he'll do very well on loan and we'll see what happens after that.

.....just reading my Saturday Racing Post, and their 5 footy experts are asked to nominate the ‘best signing of the transfer window’. Steve Freeth says; “the versatile Mason Holgate looks the final piece of the defensive jigsaw and has already impressed”.

Freeth is a Baggies fan, but interesting that he nominates Holgate.

Holgate is much quicker than Lescott was though, plus he’s taller than Coleman (I think). It’s bothered me for years that we’ve had the smallest pair of full backs in the Prem in Coleman & Baines. During most of that time Jagielka also played and he can’t be much over than 6 foot. Did I see a stat once that said we concede more than anyone from corners? Buying Mina should have sorted this to a degree but he’s barely played.
The fact that Coleman and Baines find it difficult to stop a cross hasn't helped either.

Why oh WHY was he let go? He’s clearly better than ALL of our centre backs but was inexplicably let go, and for what reason??????

I hope we included a recall option in that loan otherwise heads need to ruddy well roll!!
Because he got roasted by Arnautovic. Maybe good for him to out of the firing line for a while. I hope he comes back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.