2018/19 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably prefers to try and keep Bolton in the Championship. Good luck to him if he has found his level. I have watched Bolton a lot in the last few months. They are awful so he would probably stand out as better than what they have got. Still as I said, good luck to him there. Kenny is better anyway.

Agree with all of that. Found his level at Bolton.

He's done a few drag backs and people think we need to bring him back. The lad needs to work on what happens once the ball leaves his feet and also that defending thing he's paid to do. Still a long way from making it here.

...I think he’s definitely a RB, or perhaps more accurately he’s not a CB. Played ok from the bits I watched last night. I hope he gets a permanent move.

I agree, he’s a good player to have as back up but to fit into a match day squad - I would hope the players we bring in force him out with their quality.

That goes for a lot of our players by the way.

Can’t cross so wouldn’t be effective. Maybe make a good defensive mid.
This is definitely the problem with him at RB. An attacking team needs some degree of width and threat from the fullbacks. He doesn't do that.

He can't pass so he won't be much use at DM. Not sure what his position is tbh. Might end up one of those utility type players who can cover multiple defensive positions but is never really a nailed on starter.

This is definitely the problem with him at RB. An attacking team needs some degree of width and threat from the fullbacks. He doesn't do that.

He can't pass so he won't be much use at DM. Not sure what his position is tbh. Might end up one of those utility type players who can cover multiple defensive positions but is never really a nailed on starter.

I mean personally I like him in central defence but that’s just me.

He isn’t technically good enough to be the right back modern day football demands.

It’s all about overlapping & delivering quality now apparently.

I just want my full backs to defend properly & pass the ball efficiently.

I think he excels at as RCB in a 3 as he hasn't quite got enough in either position at the moment. His best games for us were in a 3 at the back but unless that is the formation that suits the whole squad you can't play it just to suit one player. Heads are already falling off about us playing a system to suit Sigurdsson but at least he's a proven international player so there is almost a justification. Look at the adverse affect thats having.

I like him
I think he could be a better John Stones in the future (but less faffy)
I hope he gets experience, strength and when he's 24/25 he's with us.

I like him
I think he could be a better John Stones in the future (but less faffy)
I hope he gets experience, strength and when he's 24/25 he's with us.

He has the potential its down to him now. If he impresses on loan and we don't sign Zouma and hopefully release Jagielka, Williams and Browning he will jump up the pecking order. 22 is young for a centre back any experience he can pick up in any position will help with his game craft. The only thing that might suffer is his positioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.