2018/19 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know hindsight is 20/20 but surely with Holgates age and Minas lack of prem experience the games between now and the end of the season would've been perfect to allow a long term centre half partnership to grow, i would expect mistakes as neither of them are anywhere near what they can be yet but let's face it being directly at fault for less than 2 goals per game would still be an improvement on our recent centre half combos

I know hindsight is 20/20 but surely with Holgates age and Minas lack of prem experience the games between now and the end of the season would've been perfect to allow a long term centre half partnership to grow, i would expect mistakes as neither of them are anywhere near what they can be yet but let's face it being directly at fault for less than 2 goals per game would still be an improvement on our recent centre half combos

Surely the experience of playing in a winning side is going to be more fruitful for Holgate at this age?

I genuinely think that is the sole reason our youngsters aren't progressing as they should be, because we simply aren't and haven't been a winning side for 4 years.

Surely the experience of playing in a winning side is going to be more fruitful for Holgate at this age?

I genuinely think that is the sole reason our youngsters aren't progressing as they should be, because we simply aren't and haven't been a winning side for 4 years.
Fair point, i still think he and more importantly Everton would benefit from being told you're playing, we have faith in you, learn on the job, same with Mina. Either way I wish him well

He isn't quite dynamic enough to be a modern full back and not quite strong enough to be a centre back but may yet develop in either. I certainly think he's worth retaining unless we get a good offer that we can't refuse. If we don't get Europa which is looking less likely each week he may struggle for game time unless he can make one of the positions his own. Another loan may be worth considering next year but it would need to be Premier League level and if he's going to be a centre back somewhere that will play him in this position. If we decide to go 3 at the back for me he would be a starter here next season but that would have to be the primary formation.

Got another assist tonight in WBA win, fans seem to love him. Looks like his move is turning out to be a great choice as he's playing every week.

Hopefully he's developed more whilst he's been there and can push on to become our first choice RB next season

Status
Not open for further replies.