Martinez transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely stupid discounting the loans as well @Zatara, they're still his signings and players he wanted, also I'd count on every single one being here next year.

For Everton he is quite expensive especially he is 30 with no resell value.
For a striker he's dirt cheap.

I get what you're saying, but we have to go ahead and deal with the fact that strikers are now a baseline of 5 million unless you're buying a kid or complete unknown.

A proven striker starts at 12m.

Kone was cheap. If we want to compete at the top, we can't be buying strikers (even backups!) for less than 5 million unless they're for our youth academy.

I agree with the OP. One thing we ALL agree on, is that Martinez has been magnificent for us in his first season and got the very best out of all the players here.

But his transfer business is one area that does still concern me and that concern will remain if he spends anywhere near 8 million on Cleverly.

What is amusing is that if we sign Tadic then all the people on here who have championed his signing will be ecstatic to see him play...

But wait...does that also mean that I cant say Kone is tosh or McGeady flatters to deceive because of how they have played for everton -- or can I judge them on how they played BEFORE they joined?

Alcaraz and Robles I hadnt seen much if anything of for wigan but theyve not performed well enough to get into the first eleven and as squad fillers a free or better keeper and a player with a better injury record as backup would have been more sensible.

6mil Kone /1.25 Robles and Alcaraz will have had a signon.....seems alot for us in a global marketplace for these 3 especially. McGeady we could perhaps sell for a profit if necessary.

6mil Kone /1.25 Robles and Alcaraz will have had a signon.....seems alot for us in a global marketplace for these 3 especially. McGeady we could perhaps sell for a profit if necessary.
Signon will be less than a million.

3 players for ~ 7 million is squad filler for the Premier league. Anyone expecting first teamers for that price is living in the past. And we needed a squad more than first teamers.

I'm gonna fume when we sign Tadic and people think his name's read like as if you're saying Doosan Tadick.

In fact, I'm already fuming.

We bemoaned the lack of a squad last season, the first thing Roberto did was assess the squad depth problem with cheap, decent players that he knew a lot about in the form of Robles, Kone and Alcaraz. He then went onto first teamers in the form of McCarthy, Barry and Lukaku. Then yet again, McGeady came in to provide competition and gave him the chance to bed in if Deulofeu was to leave and never return. I really dont see the problem with any of his signings. Unfair to judge Kone. Either way, Kone will be vital in Europe next season.

What is amusing is that if we sign Tadic then all the people on here who have championed his signing will be ecstatic to see him play...

But wait...does that also mean that I cant say Kone is tosh or McGeady flatters to deceive because of how they have played for everton -- or can I judge them on how they played BEFORE they joined?

Alcaraz and Robles I hadnt seen much if anything of for wigan but theyve not performed well enough to get into the first eleven and as squad fillers a free or better keeper and a player with a better injury record as backup would have been more sensible.

We needed more squad depth and Martinez has added to the squad in the areas that needed strengthening

I'd just like to point out that Robles is one of the better backup goalies we've had over the years, and he's got good potential and seems to be improving.

I'd just like to point out that Robles is one of the better backup goalies we've had over the years, and he's got good potential and seems to be improving.

That's way to sensible for this thread, how about : Robles is a carp keeper that the Catalan clown should have near signed

Signon will be less than a million.

3 players for ~ 7 million is squad filler for the Premier league. Anyone expecting first teamers for that price is living in the past. And we needed a squad more than first teamers.

Simply not true. Keepers are 10 a penny on frees....

2 ageing donkeys for any kind of cost is pointless + kone has 2 years left and alcaraz 1 season to go...need replacing soon!

Plenty of better players out there for the price of Kone and Alcaraz was pointless.

Simply not true. Keepers are 10 a penny on frees....

2 ageing donkeys for any kind of cost is pointless + kone has 2 years left and alcaraz 1 season to go...need replacing soon!

Plenty of better players out there for the price of Kone and Alcaraz was pointless.
Are there?

Go tell me the price of strikers who have just scored 13 goals in the Prem?

Alcaraz was anything but pointless. He does Johnny's role better and on a lower wage.

Robles was like 1 million. If that hurts us, then we may as well pack it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.