MARTINEZ OUT?

• YES

Votes: 250 46.5%
  • NO

Votes: 288 53.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How any blames the manager for those howlers by Howard I don't know.

Martinez in.

Usual stuff here: 4 hour fume followed by 2/3rds of the votes going the Robertonian's way.

He's our manager now, he'll be our manager this time next season.

We all know it. And rightly so.

Martinez picked Howard. That being said, if he learns his lesson from this, gives Robles another chance and starts playing two wingers like in the second half, we'll cruise the rest of the season.

Martinez in.

Usual stuff here: 4 hour fume followed by 2/3rds of the votes going the Robertonian's way.

I agree but it's still been an abysmal league campaign so it's only inevitable the questions get asked.

Regardless of it being individual errors the manager takes the blame. That's just the way the game is.

Martinez in.

Who replaced a keeper that had 3 clean sheets out of 4 with Tim [Poor language removed] Howard?

Howard gifting them two goals, nearly three.

Lukaku missing three or four.

Martinez is to blame for bringing Howard back, but he might be better than Robles in training. Let's not forget Martinez knows Joel really well.

Martinez in.

Martinez picked Howard. That being said, if he learns his lesson from this, gives Robles another chance and starts playing two wingers like in the second half, we'll cruise the rest of the season.

We both know there's zero chance of both of those things happening. One maybe, never both.

Tbf most of us were saying stick with Robles. Martinez picked Howard, so he is partially culpable. However I think he still needs to be given time. At least until mid next season. If we are not fighting for 5-7 then, that will not be good enough and we can think about making a change.
Loads of factors behind that result today. EL curse again...see Spurs today too (again) and Leicester putting 5 in defence.

We need to let him get the players in he wants to work his system most of all.

Some people are very fickle and/or impatient.

They didn't have nearly the chances we did and they set up 5 at the back. He saw his initial lineup wasn't working and made the right changes. His fault is playing Howard. All their good chances were because Howard was awful today.

the worst thing about this season is the way that Martinez has done his own legs -

i) brings Browning on in the derby, watches him play well for 20 mins, then never picks him again
ii) buys Besic, watches him play well most games, first to come off
iii) forced to play Robles, watches him improve immensely in those games, then drops him

in some ways its perhaps good that Lukaku hasnt got 20 goals so far because he would probably be loaned out

Status
Not open for further replies.