Votes: 250 46.5%
  • NO

Votes: 288 53.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberto.

Banned ( again )
He's been [Poor language removed] all season.

Hurts me because I love Roberto. I think if he is given time though he'll come good.

Same mistakes repeated, ad infinitum.

Dropping Robles for Howard was a bad move, regardless of whether or not Howard played well, as it sent such an awful message: "no matter how well you play, I'll still play my favourites".

The fact that Howard's then gone and cost us so heavily, so quickly, after Robles had kept 3 clean sheets in a row, only compounds this.

Weak management. Either he needs to be stronger, or we need to be, and sack him.

A manager whose teams are renowned for being defensively flaky will never "come good".

Having said that you won't get too may boring games with RM in charge. Could have scored seven today...and conceded about seven.

How any blames the manager for those howlers by Howard I don't know.

Martinez in.

Usual stuff here: 4 hour fume followed by 2/3rds of the votes going the Robertonian's way.

He's our manager now, he'll be our manager this time next season.

We all know it. And rightly so.

How any blames the manager for those howlers by Howard I don't know.

Martinez in.

Usual stuff here: 4 hour fume followed by 2/3rds of the votes going the Robertonian's way.

He's our manager now, he'll be our manager this time next season.

We all know it. And rightly so.

Tbf most of us were saying stick with Robles. Martinez picked Howard, so he is partially culpable. However I think he still needs to be given time. At least until mid next season. If we are not fighting for 5-7 then, that will not be good enough and we can think about making a change.

This game was on Howard and Lukaku

True, but ultimately those two players have been grim all season, and the manager hasn't acted on it.

Howard should have been dropped, and if he doesn't trust Joel then a 'keeper should have been the priority in January.

And Lukaku cannot play effectively in the system we're playing, so two questions - why pay £28m for him after having a full season to assess him and, if you do pay £28m for him, why aren't you playing to his strengths?

Don't get me wrong, Lukaku was terrible beyond any excuse today, but the manager picks the team and has shaped how this team plays, and he's the manager who has taken this squad to the lows where we are today. He's ultimately to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.