Martinez Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he'd do well from now until the end of the season.

Novelty factor of going from a personality of Benitez to Martinez...

Bit like his first season, from Moyes to Martinez.

And a more drastic example - when Ranieri took over from Pearson at Leicester.

I've always felt Martinez is well suited to international football - I think he gets tedious/his words lose impact/he becomes a parody at club level.

Difference is we had a well drilled defence when he took over last time, now we have the footballing equivalent of The Keystone Cops.

Nothing screams of a terrible paucity of vision at the top levels of this club than the idea that this coach is even being considered for a return.
Do these people imagine there are only 5 managers in the entire world.?
To go back to the man who began our descent from the position Moyes had left us in , would be pure stupidity.
He has already managed to relegate one club.
If we appoint this joker we thoroughly deserve to go down and we almost certainly will.
Lazy, lazy thinking.

I liked Bobby lots. That doesn't stop this being an utterly ludicrous move. How the hell can Martinez, Dunc and Rooney be the sum total of the Board's ambition?

Not only bring Martinez in but allow him to do a timeshare with Belgium, because of course it's not like there is a mess currently to sort that we need someone full time.

When people report that Martinez has support from within the board and was favoured before Benitez, let's be honest, "the board"? They mean Billy blue.

I like Martinez but it was toxic for a while well before he was sacked. People have short memories. Remember the "Baines is one of us"? Only Martinez would know if he's learnt and become a better manager. But Everton haven't learnt in the 6 years since.

Nothing screams of a terrible paucity of vision at the top levels of this club than the idea that this coach is even being considered for a return.
Do these people imagine there are only 5 managers in the entire world.?
To go back to the man who began our descent from the position Moyes had left us in , would be pure stupidity.
He has already managed to relegate one club.
If we appoint this joker we thoroughly deserve to go down and we almost certainly will.
Lazy, lazy thinking.

The thought processes underlying the last 5 years just boggle the mind. It seems to get more surreal with each passing month.

What the hell comes after the 'interim' phase?

Status
Not open for further replies.