Martin Samuel's loan market articles

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a shytebag column.
Of course they will praise Thierry Henry returning on loan to Arsenal or Beckham's selflessness in Milan.

the problem is at the end of the day is that we aren't where we should be in the league.

United should have been galvinised by mata signing and been up there.

Spurs should have built a fantastic team and been higher

Everton should be anywhere from 7th to 17th and not in anyone's memory this season.

Except we aren't, and if we finished top 4 and got into the group stages then we would officially have broken the monopoly

First rule of football media:
London bias. Not unsurprising given the location of Fleet Street in the City of London.
Then:
It used to be vaguely Man U, but it now can be clearly defined as 'Sir' Alex Ferguson. Everything he did was exalted.
And:
Everybody's 'second team', the media's self-indulgent soft spot, truly the 'media darlings'. Can narrow it down to Liverpool or Newcastle, depending on whose doing well.

the problem is at the end of the day is that we aren't where we should be in the league.

United should have been galvinised by mata signing and been up there.

Spurs should have built a fantastic team and been higher

Everton should be anywhere from 7th to 17th and not in anyone's memory this season.

Except we aren't, and if we finished top 4 and got into the group stages then we would officially have broken the monopoly

Not if it was only for one season

It would need to be maintained

Rules of football media:
London bias. Not unsurprising given the location of Fleet Street in the City of London.
Then:
Kopite bias: purely down to the sheer number of ex-reds in broadcast media.
Man U bias: They have the most fans and they're in the business of selling papers/hooking viewers.
And:
Everybody's 'second team', the media's self-indulgent soft spot, truly the 'media darlings'. Can narrow it down to Spurs or Newcastle, depending on whose doing well.

Sorry to piss about with your post, but that's more how I see it.

hated-by-the-daily-mail-badge.jpg

The fat bearded balloon.

He's so huge because of all the humble pie he scoffs for getting it so wrong so often. I stopped watching the Sky Sunday Supplement in part because his drivel made my ears bleed - woeful Journo who plays favorites more than most.

I hope we dont buy any players and just loan them all again next season.
Gerry? Loan.
£20m for Lukaku? Nah loan him.
Barry on a free? Loan him.
Troare? Can we loan him then loan him out to someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.