Martin Samuel's loan market articles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly a surprise - have you seen their style sheet for employees?

** DAILY MAIL HOUSE STYLE GUIDELINES (FOR EMPLOYEES ONLY) **

1. Cliche is permitted, but only if redundant and containing vague allusions to Arcady

2. Number of times Enoch Powell must be evoked in all but name: x3 per column

3. Number of times it should be suggested the French cause cancer: x0.5 per column

4. Number of times it should be suggested that maybe a recently deceased gay celebrity might have deserved to die because there's a picture of him in a gay bar holding the hand of another man and smiling:
x1 per every gay male death

5. Farage face: yes

6. Number of times it should be implied that scousers breed killer foxes that only eat caucasian babies:
x0.25 per column

7. Number of times it should be suggested political correctness raped John from Windsor because he didn't want some towel head in his taxi: once each week in John's weekly column

8. Number of times anyone is allowed to mention what happens in the little room where Martin Samuel and Richard Littlejohn go each afternoon, carrying one goat's head, a white hood, a rubber hose and the corpse of Thatcher: x0

9. Number of times the accused is guilty in The Court of the Daily Mail: xEvery

10. Don't watch Everton​

This article has been allowed to go through solely to generate controversy and therefore clicks/ad revenue. The crux of his argument is completely nonsensical. How is 'not fair'? What have the FFP rules got to do with it? Nothing whatsoever

Lol That feller sounds very bitter and upset about the whole thing.

He's either a Spurs fan or Kopite.

I love it.

Everybody is over-reacting. The Daily Mail is a great paper, and is really useful to me everyday to be honest ....

For wiping my ass on the toilet with.

What this stupid twonk doesn't realise is that a loan, like any voluntary transaction, is always beneficial to both clubs - otherwise it wouldn't happen, d'oh.

The parent club gains from the player getting regular football and becoming a better player for future campaigns, and the custodian club gains by having the services of the player. Win-win.

That it is OUR club that seems to have had the highest profile loans says a lot about what footballers choosing to come here can expect for their footballing development. If that's why sourpusses are writing to complain about us, then I say BRING IT ON because it means we are doing a hell of a lot right.

And the last point is that we have far more players loaned out to other clubs than we have loaned to us!

I'm amazed that this got published without anyone saying 'do you want another couple of days to think about this coz you have made yourself sound like a bit of a twot'

*take that swear filter*

It's the Daily Mail mate. Common sense is left at the entrance to the NSDAP/AO UK branch.

I read it to be more of a shot at the loan system itself rather than Everton; we've just proven to be the most adept at using it and therefore make the easiest target. He did take Wenger to task for some hypocrisy regarding his loan players and he started off by saying we've done nothing wrong, given the rules, and later added we are giving more attention to our youth system than most others.
What the odious turd fails to realize, or conveniently forgets to, is that abolition of the loan system would effectively kill off any threat to the hegemony of the big-money clubs and make the PL title even more of a closed shop than it is now, never mind that strict adherence to FFP rules would accomplish much the same things as the majority of clubs can't even dream to bring in the kind of cash the likes of United, City and Chelsea can. And as others have posted, go after the clubs stockpiling 60-plus players instead.
The fact we have had to rely on the loan system as much as we have boils down to two things -- the obscene amount of money being pumped into some teams, creating a huge dichotomy within the Premier League, and the fact our own board can't or won't at least try to do the same, if only on a smaller scale.

"So important is the youth market these days that City’s scouts even have a piece of computer kit, a very upmarket FIFA 14 almost, that shows how the teenage protege will link up with Sergio Aguero, or play beside Yaya Toure in midfield. Mums, dads, kids and agents are apparently very impressed."

This sounds like he has some wonderful dreams at night. Proper melt.

What has Everton done wrong for the media to dislike us? I see far more negative comments about us then positive and half the positive ones are back handed compliments. Like Everton are doing very well without David Moyes or something along those lines when its just a clear dig at him and nothing really bout us.

I do mind but at the same time I don't really give a toss about it but when I talk to mates about Everton they have this narrow minded ignorant view of us and its quite frustrating to have to explain why we're boss. Mainly Tottenham fans the ones with delusions of entitlement that think they should be above us and its only because of lukaku that were ahead of them. Just had to get this off my chest haha.

i wouldnt take any notice of this gobshite, liverpool have loan signings, just because they have been garbage and ours have worked its wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.