2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is really bad mate, whichever way you look at it.

From selection to tactics to not knowing what our strength are. The second season should be mark down as the season which his blueprint bears fruit. What he produce is simply rotten at the moment.

Btw, are we really going after Moyes?

As far as Moyes is concerned it was just my own little theory, but then Hunter and King both said it the other day so I think so yes, cant think of many other options personally.

My comment was about Snides.

But totally agree, you cant really defend Silva much at this point, sure hes been unlucky with injuries and a few questionable VAR calls, but other than that its simply not good enough.

Reading optimism on here reminds me of speaking to friends in Martinez last season.

Oh we won, he is turning it around.

He isn't, beating the teams In the bottom 3.

If we win the next 2 then the season league wise completely changes for us. It shouldn't do given how many defeats but there we go. It's important we go into December with momentum because pick a few results up there and maybe this season turns salvageable . Whether Silva is salvageable is another question for another time
He's been consistently inconsistent. He's not salvageable in my opinion, needs to go at the end of the season no matter what happens. Same as Martinez in his final season.

He's been consistently inconsistent. He's not salvageable in my opinion, needs to go at the end of the season no matter what happens. Same as Martinez in his final season.
I agree. Don't get me wrong , I don't think long term he is going to be the answer. But I also don't want to get rid a month from now and see us struggle either. Had the chance to sack and we have stumbled through

Ok, well if he doesn’t then he may end up going.

it’s effectively up to him now. The players have put the effort in for him during the last 5 games (all comps), producing 3 wins and a draw. That’s decent. Plus the games we didn’t win we were done over rather harshly by VAR. personally I’m seeing a manager who’s turning it around rather than waiting to be sacked.

I’m not against sacking managers but I think there has to be good a reason to do it. Like when the players had given up under Martínez and Koeman and were hanging the manager out to dry every week. I don’t see that happening at the moment.

plus if Silva does make it to 2 full seasons (and then goes) we’ll show possible new managers we’re willing to give someone a chance rather than just firing them at the first sign of danger.

however, I’d rather Silva turn it around and achieve some success here.
I know we seem to be in the minority, but totally agree with what you have said above. I don't want yet another caretaker manager in for the rest of the season. The league seems to be difficult for most clubs this season apart from the RS and maybe Leicester, with 4 points between 5th and 15th place. We are still a work in progress, but I like all of the new players that have been brought in: Digne, Gomes, Bernard, Sdibe, & Mina and no doubt Gbamin (when fit), will probably be the first names on any team sheet, no matter who is the manager. We still have a lot of expensive dross to get rid of. I am not totally convinced that Silva is the manager for Everton long term, but I'm certainly willing to give him until the end of the season and then see where we go from there. Do not see any point at all in swapping him now for anyone else now or in January. If we carry on sacking managers at the rate we have done lately, we'll be hard pushed to find anyone who wants to come here.

Inappropriate Language
We are 3 points behind Sheffield Utd who are supposed to be having a great season. There's no patience in football anymore. Calm down people. Get on with your lives. Football isn't life or death. All teams go through bad patches. We won't win every game, we'll lose against bad teams and win against good ones, that's football. Football isn't an exact science, although reading some of the guff here you would think it was.

stick with silva, give him a chance. If we end up crap, so be it. It's only a f#@* "+g game.

We are 3 points behind Sheffield Utd who are supposed to be having a great season. There's no patience in football anymore. Calm down people. Get on with your lives. Football isn't life or death. All teams go through bad patches. We won't win every game, we'll lose against bad teams and win against good ones, that's football. Football isn't an exact science, although reading some of the guff here you would think it was.

stick with silva, give him a chance. If we end up crap, so be it. It's only a f#@* "+g game.

Spot on vicey lad.

The way some go on im convinced they have a terminal illness. Everton aint going nowhere, we all have all the time in the world, until we dont and then it dont even matter innit.

If its only a game how sad does it make all of us being on here day after day 365 days a year?

Our problem is we have way too much patience - 25 years of garbage and counting.

Atleast under Moyes we had some pride and fight in us. We are weak and limp on and off the pitch from owner to manager to players.

Social media/fan forums has definitely accelerated the effect. Remember we used to look at Serie A in the ‘90s as the league that sacked managers after three or four bad results, and now it’s here. The managerial turnover nowadays is unlike anything before.

Nothing to do with the fans its the money in the game.

In the 90's bog standard managers like Marco didnt earn £4 million a year therefore they have (or should have) less time to prove them worthy of their pay cheque.

Spot on vicey lad.

The way some go on im convinced they have a terminal illness. Everton aint going nowhere, we all have all the time in the world, until we dont and then it dont even matter innit.

It’s only right and fitting to keep a sense of proportion over all this, however, these individuals are paid a king’s ransom to serve up thus mediocrity week in, week out, season after season.

If they were amateurs, you’d understand and be quite philosophical about it all, but these people are alleged professionals and in any other walk of life, they’d be deemed unsuitable and dealt with accordingly.

Where else could failure be rewarded so handsomely, in some cases years after their services have been dispensed with? We can’t even withhold an individual’s purse for such dismal displays such are their greedy contracts negotiated in their favour.

And to add insult to injury, it’s the fans who are left to foot the bill for all this apparent indifference (yes I’m aware that sponsorship helps but said sponsors reap their own rewards from such business deals) and watch as their hopes and dreams are dashed yet again.

Okay, perhaps all things considered, it would be unrealistic at this stage of our ‘development’ to expect to win a title, but wouldn’t it be rewarding just for once to have something to aim for instead of just 7th?

So yes, in the long term you’re right: it is just a game. But surely, when aggravating features such as those I’ve mentioned are brought to bear, isn’t it equally reasonable that so many of us with an interest in the club get a little disappointed and hot under the collar from time to time?

So let the bigwigs at Everton worry about it. They pay the wages. If you pay too much money to see everton, then go to less matches. Football fandom shouldn't be a 7 day a week thing with people, especially these days when our money at the gates doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Don't let everton's plight or success effect your stress levels.

let the football club get on with it. Forums and the internet has scared the crap out of clubs these days. It's a sad state of affairs.

It’s only right and fitting to keep a sense of proportion over all this, however, these individuals are paid a king’s ransom to serve up thus mediocrity week in, week out, season after season.

If they were amateurs, you’d understand and be quite philosophical about it all, but these people are alleged professionals and in any other walk of life, they’d be deemed unsuitable and dealt with accordingly.

Where else could failure be rewarded so handsomely, in some cases years after their services have been dispensed with? We can’t even withhold an individual’s purse for such dismal displays such are their greedy contracts negotiated in their favour.

And to add insult to injury, it’s the fans who are left to foot the bill for all this apparent indifference (yes I’m aware that sponsorship helps but said sponsors reap their own rewards from such business deals) and watch as their hopes and dreams are dashed yet again.

Okay, perhaps all things considered, it would be unrealistic at this stage of our ‘development’ to expect to win a title, but wouldn’t it be rewarding just for once to have something to aim for instead of just 7th?

So yes, in the long term you’re right: it is just a game. But surely, when aggravating features such as those I’ve mentioned are brought to bear, isn’t it equally reasonable that so many of us with an interest in the club get a little disappointed and hot under the collar from time to time?

The whole "its just a game" that the cool kids trot out is complete BS.

if we got relegated those same fans would be mortified - why its just a game?

Why would it matter what division we play in if its just a game?

Ha good to know.
Thanks

A win at Leicester in October 18th, 2018 is good enough to convince you that our December 2019 fixtures are nothing To worry about, then I guess I have to believe you.

Ignore everything else’s from my post. All of it is irrelevant.

If your worried about United, Arsenal, Leicester then football isn't really for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.