2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s only right and fitting to keep a sense of proportion over all this, however, these individuals are paid a king’s ransom to serve up thus mediocrity week in, week out, season after season.

If they were amateurs, you’d understand and be quite philosophical about it all, but these people are alleged professionals and in any other walk of life, they’d be deemed unsuitable and dealt with accordingly.

Where else could failure be rewarded so handsomely, in some cases years after their services have been dispensed with? We can’t even withhold an individual’s purse for such dismal displays such are their greedy contracts negotiated in their favour.

And to add insult to injury, it’s the fans who are left to foot the bill for all this apparent indifference (yes I’m aware that sponsorship helps but said sponsors reap their own rewards from such business deals) and watch as their hopes and dreams are dashed yet again.

Okay, perhaps all things considered, it would be unrealistic at this stage of our ‘development’ to expect to win a title, but wouldn’t it be rewarding just for once to have something to aim for instead of just 7th?

So yes, in the long term you’re right: it is just a game. But surely, when aggravating features such as those I’ve mentioned are brought to bear, isn’t it equally reasonable that so many of us with an interest in the club get a little disappointed and hot under the collar from time to time?

No thats fine, im not saying dont care, I get that people get annoyed when we lose, I get that people arent happy with 15th, nobody is, but the constant doom and gloom isnt really productive and nor does it help.

I think maybe it might be that I just don’t trust him.

someone willing to turn it off or quit on teammates as we have witnessed, is hard to see anything he may offer as an asset.

At the end of the day with or without schniderfraud if we able to turn a corner and start stringing together sowins I’m good.

trusting him will take some serious time

You call him schniderfraud. Wtf.

So let the bigwigs at Everton worry about it. They pay the wages. If you pay too much money to see everton, then go to less matches. Football fandom shouldn't be a 7 day a week thing with people, especially these days when our money at the gates doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Don't let everton's plight or success effect your stress levels.

let the football club get on with it. Forums and the internet has scared the crap out of clubs these days. It's a sad state of affairs.

Respectfully, where do you think the proceeds from the turnstiles go?

Long term, sacking Silva now would be pointless.

Moshiri would look like he has no idea--his longest managerial appointment would be 18 months. He needs to stick to his guns and get Brands to deliver some quality at centre half and up top in January.

Who would want to work for a manager or club where you get 12-18 months before both the crowd and chairman get itchy feet?
Its pathetic.

The players like him, he's been v unlucky and is capable of getting his team to be brilliant.
His players need to stand up a bit more and be counted to overcome things when it gets a bit tough, as do our fanbase.

If your worried about United, Arsenal, Leicester then football isn't really for you.

Our big problem is creativity when sides sit deep against us, and has been for some time. Under Silva we are akin to a strong counter punching boxer. You can see it at Southampton a bit too, when we started hitting channels and utilising Calvert Lewin's size we looked pretty comfortable.

It's difficult to play that way against poorer teams, especially at Goodison. Understandably fans would not accept it.

The sides you mention above will come to attack us and open up opportunities for us on the counter. I am not massively concerned about them.

Our big problem is creativity when sides sit deep against us, and has been for some time. Under Silva we are akin to a strong counter punching boxer. You can see it at Southampton a bit too, when we started hitting channels and utilising Calvert Lewin's size we looked pretty comfortable.

It's difficult to play that way against poorer teams, especially at Goodison. Understandably fans would not accept it.

The sides you mention above will come to attack us and open up opportunities for us on the counter. I am not massively concerned about them.

Exactly.

You call him schniderfraud. Wtf.
Body of work my man. turning it off and turning it on. Rage red cards. Yea fraud. However if you read the rest of this thread you will see that it comes down I just don’t trust him. it’s going take some time to get to that point. A couple forward passes and a couple good balls in a game is not enough at the moment to ignore his body of work. I.e. hiding in games and turning it off and on.

Long term, sacking Silva now would be pointless.

Moshiri would look like he has no idea--his longest managerial appointment would be 18 months. He needs to stick to his guns and get Brands to deliver some quality at centre half and up top in January.

Who would want to work for a manager or club where you get 12-18 months before both the crowd and chairman get itchy feet?
Its pathetic.

The players like him, he's been v unlucky and is capable of getting his team to be brilliant.
His players need to stand up a bit more and be counted to overcome things when it gets a bit tough, as do our fanbase.

To me it would be pointless to sack Silva to bring in Moyes or worse Hughes unless we were imminently in danger of relegation. We are clear of the bottom 3 now and a win against Norwich cements that.

There is a whole other question about whether our prospective list ought to be Moyes & Hughes but thats a different matter altogether. As things stand I can only hope Silva can turn it around.

Come the summer you'd hope we can have a full evaluation. You can see progress with lots of the young players and that needs to continue into the new year. It may be under Silva we become a side that generally peaks in the 2nd half of seasons.

Leicester in the cup is a massive game. Win that and start to et Gbamin, Bernard, Delph back fully fit and perhaps another CB on loan and there's potential for the 2nd half of the season to be an exciting one.

Body of work my man. turning it off and turning it on. Rage red cards. Yea fraud. However if you read the rest of this thread you will see that it comes down I just don’t trust him. it’s going take some time to get to that point. A couple forward passes and a couple good balls in a game is not enough at the moment to ignore his body of work. I.e. hiding in games and turning it off and on.

The main bulk of this squad over last 3 years threw at least two managers under the bus. You can't trust any footballers.

To me it would be pointless to sack Silva to bring in Moyes or worse Hughes unless we were imminently in danger of relegation. We are clear of the bottom 3 now and a win against Norwich cements that.

There is a whole other question about whether our prospective list ought to be Moyes & Hughes but thats a different matter altogether. As things stand I can only hope Silva can turn it around.

Come the summer you'd hope we can have a full evaluation. You can see progress with lots of the young players and that needs to continue into the new year. It may be under Silva we become a side that generally peaks in the 2nd half of seasons.

Leicester in the cup is a massive game. Win that and start to et Gbamin, Bernard, Delph back fully fit and perhaps another CB on loan and there's potential for the 2nd half of the season to be an exciting one.

I just do not see a plethora of managers who are guaranteed to be any better wanting to work for someone who has sacked a manager after 4 months, 15 months, 8 months and if Silva went nearly 18 months.

If your worried about United, Arsenal, Leicester then football isn't really for you.
Are you really trying to say that list of fixtures is nothing to worry about in our current form ?
agree to disagree

again, I’ll refer you to the last two wins.

being a fan does not mean I should ignore reality.

we are have not had a good start

two wins from relegation candidates

Your argument lacks substance I’m sorry man.

I’ve backed mine up but you resort to standing firm on your opinion and if I don’t agree footballs not for me.

You’ve heard the expression ignorance is bliss I’m sure.

I’ll ask you, is it ?

Last edited:
@jinkyali you seriously beleive the board/Moshiri cares about what it looks like to be sacking managers?

They care about their investment and balance sheet and they'll see Leicester reap the benefits of likely CL qualification this season and think "that needs to be us" with the money spent.

I've criticsed our owner alot but even he isnt stupid enough to keep the current fella in charge unless he starts returning on the pitch the investment made off it.

I just do not see a plethora of managers who are guaranteed to be any better wanting to work for someone who has sacked a manager after 4 months, 15 months, 8 months and if Silva went nearly 18 months.

No and it can't set a great example to prospective managers if we keep sacking them within 18 months. If we do that we might as well bite the bullet and get Benitez who will set a team up to work in moment 1.

I don't think we do enough to support our managers when they struggle. It's a trait I dislike about the board.

As for Silva, there are things he's good at and things he's not. He improves players and his plan A is very good. However his in game management and inflexibility let him down a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.