2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you really trying to say that list of fixtures is nothing to worry about in our current form ?
agree to disagree

again, I’ll refer you to the last two wins.

being a fan does not mean I should ignore reality.

we are have not had a good start

two wins from relegation candidates

Your argument lacks substance I’m sorry man.

I’ve backed mine up but resort to standing firm on your opinion and if I don’t agree footballs not for me.

You’ve heard the expression ignorance is bliss I’m sure.

I’ll ask you, is it ?

It's a tricky run but the manager, team and dare I say it fans seem quite well set up to play the top teams. It's the rest I worry about.

@jinkyali you seriously beleive the board/Moshiri cares about what it looks like to be sacking managers?

They care about their investment and balance sheet and they'll see Leicester reap the benefits of likely CL qualification this season and think "that needs to be us" with the money spent.

I've criticsed our owner alot but even he isnt stupid enough to keep the current fella in charge unless he starts returning on the pitch the investment made off it.

The timing of the sacking of Puel was sensible last season was good though. You speak to Leicester fans and they say the same. He got them to safety and they moved to a new candidate. Had they have sacked Puel when they were struggling a bit more in autumn who knows how it turns out.

I'd also add, hindsight is 20/20. Not many were championing Rodgers on here 6 months ago.

@jinkyali you seriously beleive the board/Moshiri cares about what it looks like to be sacking managers?

They care about their investment and balance sheet and they'll see Leicester reap the benefits of likely CL qualification this season and think "that needs to be us" with the money spent.

I've criticsed our owner alot but even he isnt stupid enough to keep the current fella in charge unless he starts returning on the pitch the investment made off it.

You make it sound so easy. Sacking Silva won't guarantee an up turn in results.

No and it can't set a great example to prospective managers if we keep sacking them within 18 months. If we do that we might as well bite the bullet and get Benitez who will set a team up to work in moment 1.

I don't think we do enough to support our managers when they struggle. It's a trait I dislike about the board.

As for Silva, there are things he's good at and things he's not. He improves players and his plan A is very good. However his in game management and inflexibility let him down a little.

Hang on, we have a plan A!

It is definitely. For me thats the big reason why I've been nervous of pulling the trigger too. It's a real baptism for any new manager.
I don't think any of the type of manager that Brands would go for are going to be available so early into a season which is why we will stick with Silva, even if it means we carry on this up and down form at the moment. I think it will probably be a very frustrating season for fans tbh, then things will get reviewed at the end of the season.

You make it sound so easy. Sacking Silva won't guarantee an up turn in results.

It will if they replace with a half decent manager.

Even a Mancini/Benitez type mid tier manager would have us in much better shape that this fella.

Only Everton could hire a bloke relegated with Hull & sacked by Watford and task him with qualifying for Europe/breaking the top 6.

It will if they replace with a half decent manager.

Even a Mancini/Benitez type mid tier manager would have us in much better shape that this fella.

Only Everton could hire a bloke relegated with Hull & sacked by Watford and task him with qualifying for Europe/breaking the top 6.
Qualifying for europe is one thing but we were never breaking the top 6 with this squad, no way the players are good enough imo.

I just do not see a plethora of managers who are guaranteed to be any better wanting to work for someone who has sacked a manager after 4 months, 15 months, 8 months and if Silva went nearly 18 months.
Agree 100%

just extremely frustrating defending this when he kept applying the same solution to all problems without much success.

never had unrealistic expectations this season and I am firmly on board with the plan brands has set out for us.

the brutal start and approach to adversity is agonizing

Mate don’t you think if the board Was/were looking at sacking silva they would of? And to add there’s no replacements to? There’s no consistency and if we keep that up there won’t be any.

Mate don’t you think if the board Was/were looking at sacking silva they would of? And to add there’s no replacements to? There’s no consistency and if we keep that up there won’t be any.
Well there is, we keep employing rubbish managers and buying rubbish players and getting loads of injuries, we are good at those things.

As long as we aren’t in danger of going down, leave him till the end of the season. Any replacement will want to see two things; one, that they’ll be given a fair crack of the whip, and two, a full summer ahead of them to get their own players and get settled in. Nobody worth their salt would join us right now, which is exactly why Moyes and Hughes are being touted. They’re this seasons Allardyce, nothing more. They wouldn’t even be considered come the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.