2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true, but he is doing now, when more then ever he needs to act, its making Brands look stupid and Moshiri look only interested in the ground
Agreed

Concerning though if Brands isn’t in charge of sacking/hiring managers. Would just tell us that he (like his predecessor) has just been given the role of transfer man/glorified head scout

Im very sure that Brands has a major say in the next manager. He knows he will be judged on that probably more than on any of his signings. Maybe the only reason MS is still with us is because Brands hasn't got someone lined up who he is happy with. But I bet he is working really hard on it. MS is a dead man walking.

Silva is hanging around like a filthy smell. He doesn't even act like he's bothered in turning around our fortunes. Just empty words followed by a bored demeanor on the touchline on matchday. The sooner he is given his P45, the better. He won't be bothered anyway, he'll still have his contract paid.

Dont take it for granted, with Moshiri anything is possible

To be fair to Moshiri.....and I am not always so inclined.....if there is one thing he has shown it is a willingness to sack underperforming managers.

Roberto, Koeman and Sam were all given short shift.

If we continue on this downward spiral Silva will be gone in two or three weeks.

A week on Saturday even, if Hammers win.

From the fans jury on the red echo site.

Marco Silva’s time as Everton manager is up. Saturday’s defeat to Burnely was the final straw.

It showed that nothing is going to change as if there was ever a time when Silva needed to freshen things up it was on the weekend – but yet again he stuck with his rigid 4-2-3-1 formation.

Then to add insult to injury, we go and concede from a set-piece.

There are two reasons why more aren’t calling for Silva to be given the axe. The first is the lack of options out there of who could potentially take over, and the second is the chaos the last mid-season sacking brought.

But lets face facts, Everton are eventually going to sack Silva at some point, so they might as well get it out of the way now.

The last time we sacked a manager without having anyone else lined up, we ended up going through the shitshow of appointing Fat Sam. You would imagine that’s one of the only reasons Silva is still here at this point.
And we still took about 6 weeks to get him in... absolutely shocking from our board, haha.

A good coach would be able to do his job title and coach a player to play in his system.

Or pick a system that suits the players and slowly add players that will suit the system he wants to introduce. He is doing a bobby , Bobby wouldn’t change the way he played and even when at Wigan he had bramble and Caldwell? Trying to play like they were Franz bekenbaur , he had the same here and actually had a good defence and then instructed them to play differently and got worse and wouldn’t change back. Silva is either very stubborn , oblivious to the fact our players can’t do what he asks, has no idea how to do any other system ( hence throwing on 6 attackers as a plan B) or all of the above

what's the point in backing a manager who is out of his depth?

i'll always back a manager at the start of his tenure until it's clear if he can do a good job or not and Silva has shown over the past 18 months he can't do a job

Exactly ... I didn’t want koeman , bobby or Silva but when they arrive you have to back them with money , support and be patient. When it becomes obvious that they’re not good enough then what is the point in them carrying on? It’s like taking a wrong turn in a road and then keep driving down it in the hope that it will eventually bring you out where you want to be, when in reality the longer you stay on it the further away you go, the more time you waste and the more money you spend

I wonder if we'll ever get to see the naked Moshiri pics that Silva quite clearly has in his possession.
I think Moshiri is looking quite the fool if he ditches the man it took him a year to nab, upsetting Watford in the process just to get rid at the first real hurdle he has faced. Many managers struggle here as the last four have clearly shown.. and it's clear he has to back someone or who in the hell will ever come here for footballing reasons and not just a massive bag of cash. To improve season on season will take a large chunk of cash, luck and a fan base prepared the for downs as well as the highs. I do understand however for his questionable subs and odd hanging on to a system that hasn't worked, he has ruined any good will by beating many of the teams we hadnt beaten for an age last season. I just want him (if he is on his last legs) to go out with a bang, 4-3-3 or bust please.

Status
Not open for further replies.