2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been terrible for Chelsea hasn’t it with all those disgraceful trophies
Haha - Chelsea are the prototype for dodgy foreign owner with dirty money coming in and cash doping an average team to glory! The rules have also changed, so you cannot follow the Abromovic method as easily now (though Man city seem to get around it!)

We have 2 options:

1. Mourinho or Wenger both out of a job and no top teams going for them anytime soon

2. Ten Hag/Bielsa/Mancini type managers in jobs - will need to pay compo and may drag one

Either way get it done quick ffs.

I don’t think he and Martinez played the same style, but he has certainly been very Roberto this season in every regard. Every time he has spoken to the press as of late, he sounds delusional like Roberto.

He uses possession as a defense for wasteful “attacking” football. We don’t look dangerous whatsoever. Our counter attacking prowess hasn’t even been that good this season either. We have lost our identity after one summer.

Thing is mate, that’s the story of his career here. The man doesn’t know how to change games tactically. If nothing is working he usually resorts to like for like subs with same formation or just lobs a load of attacking players on at the expense of everything else.

Simply put the man is not a good manager.

He had done nothing of note before he come here. Absolutely nothing. He’s done absolutely nothing here to convinced me he has the qualities to guide a team to a top 6 finish in the premier league.

Imagine being sat in the dressing room after that game looking to a no mark like him for inspiration?

Troubling times for us unless we cut ties with him now.

You may be right but same applies for all previous managers barring Royle, Kendall and Catterick

Looks like Delph dropped off to have 3 at the back so I wouldn't say Walcott for Coleman was horrendous if we are chasing a game.
Walcott is [Poor language removed] mate.Keane was shoved over there that produced a 20 yard gap between the centre backs,awful tactics.

You kind of sympathize with Silva, as he is probably under a lot of pressure. He cannot even choose his players, as that job has been given to Brands. People say the DOF model works as it is used by Madrid (ahem) Barcelona, etc. they also have huge buckets of cash and can attract the very best players.

I actually think it is past time English clubs follow some sort of Sociedad-lite model, where we have to have a certain number of academy players in the team. It’s better than watching a team of random mercenaries
His players are letting him down (how many times have we said that in the last decade) but he doesnt do himself any favors. He insists on playing out of form players and he chops and changes the players he shouldn't chop and change. DCL scored last week, it's our first goal all season from a striker, drops him this week. Doesnt make sense. I'll refrain from feeling sorry for him while hes earning his massive wage on the back of achieving absolutely nothing as a football manager. If he wants to keep his job he needs to grow a pair and get into these shrinking violets but I fear he is of exactly the same ilk after watching that tonight.

Also, does anyone know what formation we were playing for the last 20?

It looked to me that Walcott was playing right back and right wing. But at the same time not playing either because hes a league 2 player who's quick.

And we had Iwobi and Richarlison both at left wing.

It was a tactical shambles.

But the moral of the story is never ever play Theo Walcott again because hes worse than Bolasie. And I mean that.

Status
Not open for further replies.