2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scary thing is we just don't look like scoring and every time anyone attacks we look as if we're going to concede. Silva looks like a dead man walking. The service and support for Kean was appalling. Why was Bernard took off ? Why was Schneiderlin playing ? Sigurdsson should be dropped been one of our worst players this year. Think we need two centre halves, the two we have now are like frightened sheep.
You kind of sympathize with Silva, as he is probably under a lot of pressure. He cannot even choose his players, as that job has been given to Brands. People say the DOF model works as it is used by Madrid (ahem) Barcelona, etc. they also have huge buckets of cash and can attract the very best players.

I actually think it is past time English clubs follow some sort of Sociedad-lite model, where we have to have a certain number of academy players in the team. It’s better than watching a team of random mercenaries

Mate we havent had ambition since the days of Moores,we got lucky in the mid 80s with Kendall,then showed that much ambition we missed out on the gravy train,paying 20/30/40 mill now days is the same as paying 5/6 twenty years ago,IF we sacked Silva you and I both know it will be Howe,Dyche, or some other no mark next in line
Different world though. Managers could make more of a difference, the best players were not all hoarded by the best teams, there was less scrutiny so managers got more time to impliment their ideas, etc

That substitution made no sense whatsoever.

Thing is mate, that’s the story of his career here. The man doesn’t know how to change games tactically. If nothing is working he usually resorts to like for like subs with same formation or just lobs a load of attacking players on at the expense of everything else.

Simply put the man is not a good manager.

He had done nothing of note before he come here. Absolutely nothing. He’s done absolutely nothing here to convinced me he has the qualities to guide a team to a top 6 finish in the premier league.

Imagine being sat in the dressing room after that game looking to a no mark like him for inspiration?

Troubling times for us unless we cut ties with him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.