2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands has been atrocious here. He gets way too many free passes.
Well i tell you this: if he chooses the next one, he better get it right, or it will be him sacked.
Dave, seriously, your one of the guys whose been supporting Silva.
You can't be wrong so you have to have an out - the 'Brands Out', so to speak.

You do realise Silva just got beaten by a side that spent 750k on transfers.
Silva is clearly not up to managing a more talented bunch of players. He will get the club relegated if he continues.

As for Brands, simply put, you are completely overestimating the market power and influence of Everton and Brands in putting things right.
How about starting a thread, something like 'The Way Forward?' outlining what you would do differently.

The thing is, each week, in plain view we have evidence of Silva performance, its something we are able to judge.
What evidence do we have of Brands?
Do you have inside knowledge of the market and what is possible, what players and managers are available, what the opportunity cost of making one decision over another is.
The reality is the market has changed a lot, even since Martinez and Koeman. And it does not favour Everton.
The way the market is going it will be a monumental achievement, and a bit of luck, to get us regularly competing in the top six and Europe.

So when you say - if he chooses the next one, he better get it right, or it will be him sacked - will this be based on knowledge like, what managers Brands had to choose from, what managers are persuadable to come?

Come on Dave, what is your critique of Brands based on?

The problem for Marco is that he has zero in the bank now it has got very, very rough.

Martinez had 72 point season, Moyes had several years and an FA Cup final plus a few European campaigns, Koeman had us in Europe..

Marco has spent a quarter of a billion, much of which on attacking players, and has us horrible.

Three facets have to be lost to change the manager, the players, the board and the fans.

Noticed a change in the stadium today, anger was palpable, he may have lost the fans today, the players - maybe, the board hmm he might be getting there.

I’m not one for serial sackings and not backing a manager, unless relegation is realistic, so I’d be in the backing camp.

But the above equation in objective analysis, think he’s on a knife edge.
To be fair mate, dont think many outside everton would question the decision were he to be chopped. Hes been given more time than any of our other managers have been afforded. The board do seem stuck on him but weve seen this before and its only going one way so may as well get it over and done with.

Change the manager as many times as we like but I wish people would wake up to how poor this squad of players is. Might get a new manager bounce for a few weeks then I guarantee we´ll be in the exact same position again. How we have spent so much money on painfully average players I don´t understand.

They were there today, saw it and heard the fans. Weird position with the games coming up, but feel like it’s just too far gone.

He stays and the atmosphere only gets worse.

Well I don't enjoy those atmospheres and my next game is the next home game. So I hope I don't have to sit through a drubbing in a toxic atmosphere.

Who is it that's playing then? Can't all be the manager every time
It can when the manager is being sacked as a result.

Or we could list them

Digne
Mina
Sidebe
Richarldson
Iwobi
Kean
Gomes
Bernard
Lossle
Delph

There is 10 off the top of my head who weren't here for Martinez koeman or allardyce. You can increase the list and filter it down.

Point is, unless every single player we ever sign is toxic then I find it highly hypocritical to blame the players every single season whilst calling for the manager to be sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.