2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said above. He isn't a ready made team manager , he performs at his best with HIS team instead.

Maybe he is struggling at arsenal because he took over a squad that was fundamentally Wenger's where they could under perform by the end and noone cares at the club. The owner doesn't demand success , he demands money which is why Wenger didn't have to win anymore.

Maybe he is struggling because he has a massively lopsided squad there, with lacazette Pepe and aubeyang not fitting into his style of play but signed for him (2 were there before he arrived).

Maybe he is struggling because he had the likes of ozil who hasn't performed for years now. He hasn't got his squad and as a result is struggling with a Wenger built squad used go playing without pressure .

oh right but he would suit us down to the ground ??

I understand that you aren't fully versed in what makes a good PREMIER LEAGUE manager. you probly wanted Silva to come here didn't you ?
I want a manager who has won trophies.
One that finished 5th in their first season in the premier league as well would be ok.
One that has managed 11 games in premier league I do not want.
Did you want Phil brown when he had hull flying it early doors or maybe malky Mackay another flash in the pan.

There's defo vault gold on offer here....

Nah, they completely lack any form of self awareness.

I vaulted one of the usual suspects to death a while ago, with a load of utter nonsense he`d posted about how Newcastle, West Ham etc where now bigger teams than us, with better owners, ( yes Newcastle ) and better squads. He was still posting similar nonsense on the following page.

It`s like putting a hamster on a wheel.

I want a manager who has won trophies.
One that finished 5th in their first season in the premier league as well would be ok.
One that has managed 11 games in premier league I do not want.
Did you want Phil brown when he had hull flying it early doors or maybe malky Mackay another flash in the pan.

I suggest you go and read up on chris wilder and what he has achieved as a manger … hes no flash in the pan at all, hes the complete opposite infact

I cant debate with you any longer , if you are comparing phil brown to chris wilder

We do ignore the young home based managers though. Klopp did with Mainz the equivalent of what Wilder is doing now but Wilder will get ignored because he isn't foreign. Silva did far less but gets an unwarranted reputation because he is Portuguese. All the best coaches usually start at the lower league end of their nation. English PL teams look abroad first unfortunately. Im not saying there are a load of talented English managers out there but they definitely don't get the same treatment. How is Marcelino, or all these other SA names more qualified than someone who has worked and improved their team in England????

I suggest you go and read up on chris wilder and what he has achieved as a manger … hes no flash in the pan at all, hes the complete opposite infact

I cant debate with you any longer , if you are comparing phil brown to chris wilder
No I'm comparing unai emery to Chris wilder.. .
One had managed Valencia, Seville, psg and arsenal .
One has managed Halifax, Oxford ,
Northampton and Sheffield United.

We do ignore the young home based managers though. Klopp did with Mainz the equivalent of what Wilder is doing now but Wilder will get ignored because he isn't foreign. Silva did far less but gets an unwarranted reputation because he is Portuguese. All the best coaches usually start at the lower league end of their nation. English PL teams look abroad first unfortunately. Im not saying there are a load of talented English managers out there but they definitely don't get the same treatment. How is Marcelino, or all these other SA names more qualified than someone who has worked and improved their team in England????

Marcelino is another that people want yet I don't see him anywhere near as qualified as some of these homegrown coaches/managers

I wouldn't want Marcelino here in our current predicament.

the only coach with the experience I would want here right now is MANCINI …

or AVB whose s]Spurs stats are excellent

No I'm comparing unai emery to Chris wilder.. .
One had managed Valencia, Seville, psg and arsenal .
One has managed Halifax, Oxford ,
Northampton and Sheffield United.

and lets see who gets the better results in the PREMIER league this season... that's all that matters here

It is the way to go.
It has worked for us the last 3 appointments.

Well.

Martinez had nothing going for him, nada, wow he won an FA Cup, PFFT.
Koeman had multiple league titles.
Sam was an escape artist.
Silva had a few titles and cups.

As I keep saying when we sack Silva, we will simply get Silva back, but with a different name, we aint getting a proven winner, but hopefully we get somebody with more than a League One title on their CV.

Status
Not open for further replies.