2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put it this way, if Silva had a say in recruitment Marcos Rojo would now be an Everton player.

But Brands said no.

Silva puts the cones out and loses games.

Marcel Brands wont be allowing such a terrible manager have any say in how his squad is built.

The next appointment is on him. It'd better be good.

Inappropriate Language
Whenever he makes that decision, he's very much in the spotlight now and he has to deliver - Big Time !!

ive got zero confidence after his last big decision was to sign us a kid with 10 career goals to come in and contend for a striker spot, maybe even be the key striker for us , when in reality we just needed someone who has 10 years of scoreing goals behind them, someone who actually knows where the net is, a seasoned pro if you will..

oh and not landing another CB was a huge cluster f***

i'll forgive @matty1878 for trying to be a super fan and look forward to the day where we have a manager that fits this club, someone qualified for the job and someone who has earnt his go at managing our great club , not some no mark who only knows how to lose.

come win , lose or draw we will be able to back and get behind the right manager knowing that he isn't just a chancer and he actually has a plan to take us forward and not backwards
here's our terrible dilemma

Pick one:
1. Mid-season managerial replacement, to some schmo who will have a different style, want to use or bring in different players, continuing our trend of mashing together different players from different eras under different coaches, with entirely up-in-the-air result come end of season. This pushes our "plan" another 2 years out, at minimum. Unless of course we find a magic wand.

OR

2. Stick it out with this mess, most of us lose our hair and develop ulcers, with entirely-up-the-air result come end of season, potentially ending with us being relegated to the Championship. This pushes our "plan" another 2 years out, at minimum.

You must choose. It's like eating poop or drinking pee.

here's our terrible dilemma

Pick one:
1. Mid-season managerial replacement, to some schmo who will have a different style, want to use or bring in different players, continuing our trend of mashing together different players from different eras under different coaches, with entirely up-in-the-air result come end of season. This pushes our "plan" another 2 years out, at minimum. Unless of course we find a magic wand.

OR

2. Stick it out with this mess, most of us lose our hair and develop ulcers, with entirely-up-the-air result come end of season, potentially ending with us being relegated to the Championship. This pushes our "plan" another 2 years out, at minimum.

You must choose. It's like eating poop or drinking pee.

Klopp and Rodgers both moved in the season to RS / Leicester

You have Jose and Allegri out of work

Mancini in international management which is 2 Bob and he would leave at a drop of the hat

Ten Hag has already said pretty much to the media that he would move to the PL if an offer is made for him

Biesla isnt having it all his own way at Leeds and would be off in a shot

Rudy Garcia is out of work

Benitez will be on his jollies in November as the Chinese League ends

Absolutely plenty of options out there but our board have absolutely zero foresight.

In principle I agree however, I'm going to reserve judgement mate, let's see who he goes with.

Still cant see past wee Davey sadly, if its a midseason appointment.

Somebody who will drill the players, make us more solid at the back, knows the league.

Out of all the available managers his name is somebody I can never get past.

I know people dont like transition, but we are very much in that off the pitch in terms of recruitment, things will ease in a season or 2, but for now, coupled with our transfer ban, its far from ideal.

I mean the squad is good enough for at least 7th, not 17th.

Somebody who will drill the players, make us more solid at the back, knows the league.

I know people dont like transition, but we are very much in that off the pitch in terms of recruitment, things will ease in a season or 2, but for now, coupled with our transfer ban, its far from ideal.

If it's purely till the summer to give Brands time to recruit a proven winner, then we might have to accept it... one thing's for sure, we don't want BFS !!!

Klopp and Rodgers both moved in the season to RS / Leicester

You have Jose and Allegri out of work

Mancini in international management which is 2 Bob and he would leave at a drop of the hat

Ten Hag has already said pretty much to the media that he would move to the PL if an offer is made for him

Biesla isnt having it all his own way at Leeds and would be off in a shot

Rudy Garcia is out of work

Benitez will be on his jollies in November as the Chinese League ends

Absolutely plenty of options out there but our board have absolutely zero foresight.
Well Rodgers is clearly off the table, and please, leave Kloppe as an example out of it lol. Jesus.

Most of the guys you mentioned, save perhaps Benitez because the timing would work, or Allegri, are even remotely possible or logical, and even then would they actually come here? Forget for a second the "well [insert whoever] couldn't be any worse." Mourihno is not coming here and never will. Bielsa? He's done nothing. Ten Hag just signed a new deal and heads up the top Eredivisie team who is virtually guaranteed to play in the CL every year. Ummm, Rudi Garcia is currently managing Lyon, another top 4/CL team.

I know some people will vomit at the idea but Moyes on a deal till the end of the season, Just get us high as you can go, No Jan signings give Brands time to scout the manager he sees fit is perfectly fine with me. It's a dangerous game to try and find a manager mid season to be your future manager for many seasons (or you'd hope to) which is why I would be okay with Moyes till the end of the season.

Van Gaal.

If it's purely till the summer to give Brands time to recruit a proven winner, then we might have to accept it... one thing's for sure, we don't want BFS !!!
I know some people will vomit at the idea but Moyes on a deal till the end of the season, Just get us high as you can go, No Jan signings give Brands time to scout the manager he sees fit is perfectly fine with me. It's a dangerous game to try and find a manager mid season to be your future manager for many seasons (or you'd hope to) which is why I would be okay with Moyes till the end of the season.

It makes sense, when you look at it objectively.

It will be pretty hard to stomach, but if Silva is to be sacked, it means we have just lost to Spurs and sit back in the bottom 3, that is not the time for a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.