2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took Moyes until his 4th season. Point taken re: Koeman, they did sneak in at 7th. Which is more to how well 1-6 did then it is how Everton performed under him. But we also saw how well that worked out. Embarrassed in the group stage, sacked in month 21 of his tenure.

Moyes never spent top 4 money and sneaked in? Koeman finished 14 points clear of 8th.

It took Moyes until his 4th season. Point taken re: Koeman, they did sneak in at 7th. Which is more to how well 1-6 did then it is how Everton performed under him. But we also saw how well that worked out. Embarrassed in the group stage, sacked in month 21 of his tenure.

Moyes got 7th which was the point.

To be the 7th best team in this league is the minimum requirement, at this point. We spent loads but can’t be bother to get a manager with proven records.

I'm not a Silva guy but do me a favor and list out all the managers you can think of who went from mid-table to qualifying for Europe in <2 years.

7th is a European place. He took over a team that had just finished 8th. No idea what your point is. Lots of managers have had teams qualify for Europe.

Moyes got 7th which was the point.

To be the 7th best team in this league is the minimum requirement, at this point. We spent loads but can’t be bother to get a manager with proven records.
Look I don't disagree with you. I wanted AND expected 7th at a minimum too. My position is a simple one: there are a dozen or more problems and Silva is but one, albeit a large one.

The biggest problem with Silva, not a knee jerk reaction, is that he cannot seem to figure out how to win away matches. There has now been a big enough sample size with his total time in the PL and with us. It’s just mind boggling how much worse we are away vs at home.

That’s an issue he’s having a problem solving. It has be both about tactics and overall mentality

And this causes me concern

Silva hasn't spent $1. He may suck as a manager and all evidence points to yes but he's managing players someone else bought. Poorly.

So Richarlison wasn’t his suggestion? Our move for Doucoure wasn’t his idea? Gomes wasn’t his? The player he admitted to having followed for years?

Brands may hold the pen on signings but I find it difficult to believe Silva doesn’t have input or has received players he didn’t want.

The biggest problem with Silva, not a knee jerk reaction, is that he cannot seem to figure out how to win away matches. There has now been a big enough sample size with his total time in the PL and with us. It’s just mind boggling how much worse we are away vs at home.

That’s an issue he’s having a problem solving. It has be both about tactics and overall mentality

By moving everyone forward and leaving a large space between the defence and midfield.

7th is a European place. He took over a team that had just finished 8th. No idea what your point is. Lots of managers have had teams qualify for Europe.
Yes of course they have. How many EVERTON managers have done so was my question. Seventh is an European spot if you win the FA Cup (we didn't), or one of the top 6 finishers did (like Arsenal that year). Our 8th place team had 49 points that year btw.

100% agreed.

So Richarlison wasn’t his suggestion? Our move for Doucoure wasn’t his idea? Gomes wasn’t his? The player he admitted to having followed for years?

Brands may hold the pen on signings but I find it difficult to believe Silva doesn’t have input or has received players he didn’t want.
Fair shout, but I’d wager it's about an 80/20 split heavily weighted towards Brands. I'm sure Silva has a say or makes requests but it's definitely not entirely on him.

Why do people assume that Brands buys players that Silva didn’t sanction? Is this documented anywhere by the club that this is the process?

Why would an organisation buy assets worth tens of millions of pounds and then hand them over to an end user that didn’t have a hand in procuring them in the first place?

When the team sat down to discuss potential transfer targets, I find it difficult to believe that Silva wasn’t part of those conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.