2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiring flavour of the month managers.

He wasn’t flavour of the month, he was a sacked out of work manager who’d shown lots of promise at times in other jobs.

When you can’t attract the finished article you have to go for someone who had shown the potential to take that next step, which Silva has, at times.

The way we ended last season was an insight as to what he’s capable of.

We never made any progress under Allardyce whatsoever.

We regressed from a really low base and we were painful to watch. As someone who’s missed about 5 games home and away in 20 years walking out after half an hour at Arsenal with another few thousand Evertonian’s was up there in my top 5 bad moments alongside Bucharest, Liverpool under Martinez etc and as bad as I’ve felt leaving an Everton game. It’s also the only time I’ve ever left in the first half. I won’t mention Spurs or Watford around that time.

It was considerably worst than anything Silva has served up.

I suppose time makes people forget though.

Cuco Martina playing every minute of every game for about 3 months was THE ultimate low point for me watching Everton. A fella they could’ve dragged out the stands was playing regular Premier League football for my club.

The amount of people who have taken this 3 games baloney as fact without checking into it themselves is mind blowing. Nobody official from Everton's hierarchy has said such a thing. It was made up by a tosser and spread as fact. Forgetting the fact that it was even made up for a moment, just as if Everton would tell everyone that they were giving one of their employees 3 games anyway. I mean think about it ffs LoL.

They will already know what they are doing and we wont know what that is until it happens.
I like when the single moron's op-ed piece gets picked up by other sources and spread as if it's news. Hasn't anyone learned how this works? No different than transfer rumors. Unless the original source is credible, no other "spreading" sources matter.

Reactions: Lob
We never made any progress under Allardyce whatsoever.

We regressed from a really low base and we were painful to watch. As someone who’s missed about 5 games home and away in 20 years walking out after half an hour at Arsenal with another few thousand Evertonian’s was up there in my top 5 bad moments alongside Bucharest, Liverpool under Martinez etc and as bad as I’ve felt leaving an Everton game. It’s also the only time I’ve ever left in the first half. I won’t mention Spurs or Watford around that time.

It was considerably worst than anything Silva has served up.

I suppose time makes people forget though.

and yet we were 8th without four losses on the bounce including defeats to relegation fodder.

he delivered more points than this whopper will.

What I don't understand is how our zonal marking has just gone to crap over the summer. He seemingly had it sorted the end of last season but now it's woeful.

What I don't understand is how our zonal marking has just gone to crap over the summer. He seemingly had it sorted the end of last season but now it's woeful.
probably some combination of Silva being a nimrod, and our CBs having zero focus whatsoever. Keane alone should be a general on this, but he's standing around looking flummoxed like everyone else.

Actually agree with this but I still don't think he'll come. I'm sure they've tried to attract big managers, we've been linked with Mourinho, Rafael, Emery and even Simeone I think. There's no smoke without fire so the club must be trying but we just aren't attractive to guys who literally can pick any club they want. Annoying like but it's where we're at.
I think Mourinho's stock is the lowest it has been now. He's probably get around £10m+ a year in wages and around £150m+ for transfers.

We could be the ideal club for him at this stage in his career.

There isn't the same toxicity around Silva as there was Koemageddon.

No use trying to suggest there is.

Silva gets time to bring it around.
I think that's because Koeman was a fat ginge who just sat on a golf course drinking ale whilst the club struggled for a striker.

In managerial terms, Silva is easily just as bad as Koeman, if not worse.

I think that's because Koeman was a fat ginge who just sat on a golf course drinking ale whilst the club struggled for a striker.

In managerial terms, Silva is easily just as bad as Koeman, if not worse.
Would it be fair to say that Martinez was the last manager who ‘seemed’ to get us and the club? I know it went sour towards the end

Would it be fair to say that Martinez was the last manager who ‘seemed’ to get us and the club? I know it went sour towards the end

Its a sad reflection on what has followed him that I look back with some fondness about his tenure. Remember, not soon after he arrived, some video of him watching the kids play a match one evening, in a largely deserted GP.

He wasnt/isnt a bad man, just a bit of a fantasist.

I think Mourinho's stock is the lowest it has been now. He's probably get around £10m+ a year in wages and around £150m+ for transfers.

We could be the ideal club for him at this stage in his career.
I think you're being naive in thinking his stock is so low that clubs who can offer more than us wouldn't want him. United is a disaster but he still got them 2nd and won the europa league and the league Cup, the best season they'd had since Ferguson. Its not like he was a disaster there. Before that at Chelsea he won the league and the league Cup I think. I get what you're saying about his stock taking a hit but Mourinhos stock is that high that we're still not in his stratosphere even when he hits a so called rough patch in his career. I would love him here but if we're honest we've no chance. If he came tomorrow we can't even gaurentee him funds due to FFP, our small commercial incomes and our over inflated squad on big wages most of whom are out on loan constantly as we can't sell.

He wasn’t flavour of the month, he was a sacked out of work manager who’d shown lots of promise at times in other jobs.

When you can’t attract the finished article you have to go for someone who had shown the potential to take that next step, which Silva has, at times.

The way we ended last season was an insight as to what he’s capable of.
Erm
He was flavour of the month when Moshiri asked permission to aproach him.

It was after that Watford went on a nose dive and eventually Silva was put on gardening leave.

So on your point I dont want another "flavour of the month" manager.

Its a sad reflection on what has followed him that I look back with some fondness about his tenure. Remember, not soon after he arrived, some video of him watching the kids play a match one evening, in a largely deserted GP.

He wasnt/isnt a bad man, just a bit of a fantasist.
Totally agree. For me, it seemed to hurt him when he got the sack, I know people will say what about the 10M he took us for, that could be argued he has a good agent. It was his stubbornness that got him the sack I believe, something Silva should be learning from.

Even if they dont win the league I would be more than happy winning 15 odd on the bounce and playing CL football with a manager and team showing passion.

Better than 18th with a garbage manager and spineless squad.
At the moment we are not where we want to be but things change and can change quickly.
Liverpool FC is in the ascendancy now, but who knows what is around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.