2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything less than sacking this court jester is totally unacceptable.

His post match comments are now also bordering on Martinez levels.

If Brands doesn’t see this then he needs to go too. I am sure he does through and will be doing the necessary requirements.

Can mods please proactively ban me til the end of the season. I'm going to start swearing soon!

Until then, I'm going to revert to my primary school days. Tharabis tarabeam is farabucking sharabit.

If you deem that I've avoided the swear filter, strike swiftly with your ban hammer.

Joaquin-Phoenix-Thumbs-Down-Reaction-Gif-In-Gladiator.gif

Anything less than sacking this court jester is totally unacceptable.

His post match comments are now also bordering on Martinez levels.

If Brands doesn’t see this then he needs to go too. I am sure he does through and will be doing the necessary requirements.

Exactly this, there will have been contingency plans in place to avoid a situation like 2 years ago when we booted Koeman without a candidate readily lined up

The obsession with football managers is misguided. Hardly any of them make any difference to results. The institution of manager is something of a con-trick. Ferguson and Ancelotti are best understood as marketing tools. The fact is that players’ salaries alone almost entirely determine football results. Stefan Szymanski, economics professor at Cass Business School, studied the spending of 40 English clubs between 1978 and 1997, and found that their spending on salaries explained 92 per cent of their variation in league position. The team that pays most, wins.

Ten Hag maybe but you can’t seriously be calling for Brands to go, it’s not his fault that Silva refuses to utilise the signings he made better

I cant put all the blame on Silva mate - Brands really messed up on not bringing in a senior CF and those final few days scrambling around for a CB and Zaha yet never putting in a 2nd bid were embarassing.

The fact it looks like he's still standing by Silva also raises massive question marks over what he deems as success/the aim for this club.

Overmars has built that young Ajax side who were a breath of fresh air - if we could talk to him behind closed doors and he wants in - I would boot both Marco and Brands out the door and let Overmars pick the next bloke be it Ten Hag or whoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.