2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
A valid judgment of a coach is via results only and if he's losing to teams with clearly inferior players then that can only be seen as a failure on his behalf.

Aston Villa
Bournemouth
Sheffield Utd

Sorry Marco but you've been outsmarted by coaches with players you probably consider not good enough for Everton, so how did you manage to get beaten by them?

That’s the most accurate analysis I’ve read on here in a very long time.

Bang on the money and my thoughts exactly.

Though I think we have some good players, it’s the lack of continuity, time in geling and de,Amy’s around recruitment that need to be saved at the start of every season that is a huge contributory factor imo. What do you expect when you do your business at the end of the window every window.
This feller Brands is shambolic at organisation. If he was southern European we'd be reading stuff about the feller being too mañana or some such nonsense.

He's sloth-like, and I do honestly think that's down to him being out of his small gold fish bowl comfort zone.

Not big enough for Everton this feller.

I'm sure Silva will go before he does, but the penny will soon drop that Brands is not part of the solution.

There is no movement at all in that final third I agree with you, the play is good up until then and then it slows right down, the ball needs to be moved at speed around the opposition box.
I'd play Bernard right up there in behind the attack. Play a diamond; do SOMETHING to get creativity in this team up front.

I get more enjoyment out of trashing Silva than I do watching our games, and to be fair it isn’t all his fault.

1. Sigurdsson is undroppable. No way Jose Mourinho that Silva is endorsing this. There has to be something going on behind the scenes

2. Brands failed to get CB cover and we failed to bring in a true playmaker to compete with Sigurdsson. No wonder Siggy is so comfortable smoking cigars on the frontline. His signings are a tad too late too. Would be nice to get players in for training camp.

3. Moshiri’s decisions have just been awful. Koeman, Allardyce (and you can argue Silva as well). Brands has been the only proven decent acquisition and he has made some mistakes as well.

4. The players are just happy to be safe. They show no motivation (I don’t know if that is the manager’s fault or the club in general), but they seem to think mid table is acceptable and anything else is overachieving. Even the crappy top six sides have that arrogance about them. We don’t have it.

We are just incompetent from top to bottom.

Dave you know I love you. But we need a proven coach and he wasn't. We can't let it keep going can we? This is awful stuff we are witnessing. It's breaking our backs seeing this lot go out each week weeble wobble and all fall down. They need a 4-3-3 to even contend with who we can place on the pitch. If he stays this will become a very long year as these players are moping around feeling sorry for themselves.
The players aren't good enough so the manager struggles.

We looked good last season last third of it anyway...Zouma and Gueye leaving has bollocksed it up and the signings have been atrocious.

Silva is ok, not great, but ok and certainly not the major issue. The DoF is for me. He's 'kin useless at getting decent players in for the fees paid.

The players aren't good enough so the manager struggles.

We looked good last season last third of it anyway...Zouma and Gueye leaving has bollocksed it up and the signings have been atrocious.

Silva is ok, not great, but ok and certainly not the major issue. The DoF is for me. He's 'kin useless at getting decent players in for the fees paid.
But it is insanity to expect the same tactics with the same personel executing his wishes. Frustrated Everton fans everywhere at the moment not just on here. This is hard to watch on any level at the moment. Today was a major telling moment we won the possession war today but lost the battle. Results are imperative now before we get into the tougher part of our fixtures. Who would have thought we would lose to Aston Villa, Bournemouth and Sheffield United. Certainly not me. We are slowly losing our grip.

Would say there's no movement through out the entire side tbh, we're the worst for off the ball movement in the league
Spot on. Our fullbacks are the most intelligent runners in the side by far which says it all. And as much as I love Gomes, he is way too static off the ball as well. We don’t have players that get themselves into scoring positions or make themselves available around the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.