2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been thinking about this... Marco is still accountable for the result and the season so far, but what tactics would have worked with this squad against that team today?

- A more positive lineup? We only have one creative box to box midfielder and he’s not healthy.
- Hit them on the counter? Sheffield sat deep and rarely attacked, so forget that.
- Work intricate passes through a packed defence? The players aren’t good enough to do that.
- Sit deep yourself and grind out a point? Where’s the ambition, you’re at home, BOOOOOOOOOO
- Put in crosses? Well obviously that didn’t work. But out of all the choices, it seemed the least bad. If you somehow get on the end of one, or if they don’t clear their lines and you get to a second ball, maybe you get a jammy goal.

I'm not invested in Silva as much as Martinez. He's nowhere near the attacking coach RM is.

I'm just not having it that a manager who's team lie one point off 5th place needs to be sacked.
Agree on the first part, Martinez was a much better manager then this idiot, I never use to believe that but accept it's true now.

I thought he was a resigned to the fact he can’t take us any further, watching him on the touchline at Bournemouth last week. Today only reinforced that fact. I’ve nothing against silva personally (as I want every Everton manager to succeed) but it is plainly obvious to everyone he is out of his depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.