2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he does something that hasn’t been achieved in my lifetime/something that is a break from the norm at the very least then I’ll be impressed. Until then he’s just the same as all the other ones.

Apart from Allardyce, he was a disgrace.

Proven - jury still out imo.
Don't know about this Martinez thing, but for some having an objective stance/critique of Silva is far less embarrassing than those desperate to see him as the savior without the performances on the board to suggest he is anywhere near to that.

What's wrong is lauding over Silva while getting the type of performance we got against Watford.
Watford throw players forward and the response is local park level route one, balls being hoofed all over the place, absence of midfield play with three passes strung together an absolute rarity, resigned to the backs sitting deep, often no central everton player between the backs and whoever was leading the line, all the while, while Sig continued to press their backs. Tactical response was to bring on Walcott and encourage more of it, while the way out of the mess was seemingly to lump the responsibility on the shoulders of Moise, apparently contradicting his post match comments.

If the argument is that its all about being patience and giving it time to work then what was that?
Surely, in this context of progress, he would of had them fight to wrestle back control of the midfield and turn Watfords second half tactics on its head.
It may not have worked and we may have lost the game, but it would have been progress, experienced gained, lessons learnt and all that.
Then you'd could rightfully say - be patient. Instead he just willed Watford to keep coming at us.
1st half was good was decent though.
But don't give us this embarrassingly wrong crap!
A lot of truth in your post Blue Roo, and while I agree it’s too easy to criticise it’s also too easy to rest assured that Silva is on the right tracks. I’m happy with the four points but very conscious of who they were earned against, also doubt the two centre backs ability against the top clubs, hope I’m wrong but the lack of pace there worries me.

A lot of truth in your post Blue Roo, and while I agree it’s too easy to criticise it’s also too easy to rest assured that Silva is on the right tracks. I’m happy with the four points but very conscious of who they were earned against, also doubt the two centre backs ability against the top clubs, hope I’m wrong but the lack of pace there worries me.
Y def a worry and Silva doesn't seem to have a solution to it...yet.
Sure we'll see what he does when Delph comes in.

Don't know about this Martinez thing, but for some having an objective stance/critique of Silva is far less embarrassing than those desperate to see him as the savior without the performances on the board to suggest he is anywhere near to that.

What's wrong is lauding over Silva while getting the type of performance we got against Watford.
Watford throw players forward and the response is local park level route one, balls being hoofed all over the place, absence of midfield play with three passes strung together an absolute rarity, resigned to the backs sitting deep, often no central everton player between the backs and whoever was leading the line, all the while, while Sig continued to press their backs. Tactical response was to bring on Walcott and encourage more of it, while the way out of the mess was seemingly to lump the responsibility on the shoulders of Moise, apparently contradicting his post match comments.

If the argument is that its all about being patience and giving it time to work then what was that?
Surely, in this context of progress, he would of had them fight to wrestle back control of the midfield and turn Watfords second half tactics on its head.
It may not have worked and we may have lost the game, but it would have been progress, experienced gained, lessons learnt and all that.
Then you'd could rightfully say - be patient. Instead he just willed Watford to keep coming at us.

Why does everyone have to be “the saviour” or not good enough? Why can’t someone just be doing a pretty good job?

So no calls of another martinez were made before silva was an everton manager then?
Well his stats at Hull and Watford weren’t great
His stats till Feb this year were poor too
I was sceptical and critical of his defensive capabilities and he proved me right till Feb and then turned it around massively
His clean sheet and goals conceded have improved out of all recognition since the 17 day break and I have changed my perception of him.
Mina /Keane is looking as good as Keane /Zouma but the lack of pace at the back not to mention cover at CB is a worry
In both games so far Pickford has faced 1vs 1 and saved us

Well his stats at Hull and Watford weren’t great
His stats till Feb this year were poor too
I was sceptical and critical of his defensive capabilities and he proved me right till Feb and then turned it around massively
His clean sheet and goals conceded have improved out of all recognition since the 17 day break and I have changed my perception of him.
Mina /Keane is looking as good as Keane /Zouma but the lack of pace at the back not to mention cover at CB is a worry
In both games so far Pickford has faced 1vs 1 and saved us
His playing style in no way resembled martinez though

Why does everyone have to be “the saviour” or not good enough? Why can’t someone just be doing a pretty good job?
Ahh, sense and reason, surely there's no place for that.

Thing is its hard to tell what sort of a job he's doing.
Hopefully we'll have found out by the end of the season, one way or the other.

It's a good thing that you and others have been proven so very wrong, a good thing for everton which is what we all want surely

His playing style in no way resembled martinez though
I never mentioned Martinez
But his ability to organise a defence was suspect at Hull , at Watford and up till Feb this year
I have admitted he has changed my perception of him in that regard , but he needs the personnel to make it work and Sat was a worry
Holgate coming on and Coleman switching to the left was a worry
If Baines was fit he should have been on the Bench , but Delph returning should stop us changing the defence around because of one injury
As I said though lack of real pace and cover at CB is a worry , but that’s on Brands head not Silvas

Silva is aware of the lack of pace, I'm sure. This is part of the reason we have Sibide and Gbanin. Always with the caveat 'until January'

Zero goals conceded at Goodison since February I think.

He has definitely sorted out my defensive concerns, I thought he was weak here.
If that's by sheer good luck or good training I'm not arsed, just happy it seems solid right now.

Chris Sutton is a poor mans Danny Murphy, he's that bad.
Chris Sutton could bore the hind legs off a donkey.

BFS levels of scraping out the result and getting a clean sheet. He's not quite Sam yet but he's getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.