2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have weakened our team over the transfer window ,. by losing guye (whos basically irreplaceable) AND Zouma

we now don't have gueys level of defensive cover infront of a frail CB pairing who ZERO competition for their starting spots.. which breeds complatency.

Silva is not the sort of manager / coach to change things up and get the best out of these players. he seems to have the personality of a traffic cone.

I think we will be in the bottom 3 around Christmas, looking at how weve played from the start this season we just don't look anywhere near a team or unit. and our better players seem to be having a form crisis right from the get go ??? why the hell is that?

Bottom 3 don’t think so maybe around 8th/9th and people will be questioning him.

we have weakened our team over the transfer window ,. by losing guye (whos basically irreplaceable) AND Zouma

we now don't have gueys level of defensive cover infront of a frail CB pairing who ZERO competition for their starting spots.. which breeds complatency.

Silva is not the sort of manager / coach to change things up and get the best out of these players. he seems to have the personality of a traffic cone.

I think we will be in the bottom 3 around Christmas, looking at how weve played from the start this season we just don't look anywhere near a team or unit. and our better players seem to be having a form crisis right from the get go ??? why the hell is that?

And who will be joining us in the bottom three, as I’d like to put my bet on early whilst the odds are good ?

Also people can’t seem to get their heads around
That we are trying to change virtually our whole team, when prices are going through the roof.

It’s totally different spending now to even 3yrs ago. Unfortunately we are a massive disadvantage and the money wasted 2yrs ago is a big problem.
Pickford Coleman and Sigurdsson are the only 3 players I can think of as a holdover from before Silva. How many players does he need? How much more money does he need? As far as I can tell, he has EIGHT players in his starting 11 team today that he got under his tenure.

A good manager works with what he has. A bad one sulks that he doesn't have "enough" even tho the bulk was bought under him.

Would never expect 9 points out of 9. But, before each game I was thinking we could win. 1 point is just pathetic against the opposition in front of us.
I wouldn't expect 9 out of 9 either because our away form is so poor. Surely we need to be expecting at least one win from those matches if we want to get top 6 and Europe.

It's bad, it really is.

Never going to move forward with this man in charge. Everything about his management today was not even premier league level. He is not a good Manager and we are destined to remain a frustratingly inconsistent mid table team with a good day now and then and many mind bogglingly self inflicting infuriating bad days.

Gone by Christmas unless something drastic changes and i'm not sure change is even possible tbh.

Nailing my colours firmly to the mast, he’s uninspiring, seems completely passionless and his results are average at best.

Couldn’t give a shiny one if he was potted tomorrow.

Would love him to come good, but can’t see it, hope I’m wrong and he does.

Pickford Coleman and Sigurdsson are the only 3 players I can think of as a holdover from before Silva. How many players does he need? How much more money does he need? As far as I can tell, he has EIGHT players in his starting 11 team today that he got under his tenure.

A good manager works with what he has. A bad one sulks that he doesn't have "enough" even tho the bulk was bought under him.
Keane, Schneiderlin, DCL, Walcott

The pre Christmas 6-2 bumming Spurs gave us at home was the final straw for me - between then and the late march purple patch we managed 4 wins in 14.

I felt differently about him after the Newcastle 3-2 away. It was an absolute shambles in game management. I really really want him to succeed though. Hard to be positive about him after today. I don’t think he knows his best starting line up, it was like this at the start of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.