2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who you want as new manager.

None of the ones we've been linked with so far.

I don't follow any foreign football at all but there surely has to be some talented manager out there we can attract to the Premier League and a good pay packet. It should be Brands job to get a list of names like that together but it seems from the papers it's entirely up to the board. I don't have much faith in them after the last four.

Thats not strictly true...

Hull were finished and he gave them a fighting chance, they wanted to keep him.

Watford were flying until we made our approach then alot of their players switched off. They also loved him before our approach...as shown by their posts on this forum.........

Its fine to be grumpy about a poor 1/3 of the season but lets not re-write history.
But it is strictly true. People keep throwing out these excuses for what he did at the previous two clubs. This was the common refrain from the minority defending the hiring. But look whos right? The proof is in the pudding and this pudding is terrible. Own up to it. No manager has ever made a successful career on 10 matches, but whether he can do it week in and week out as teams adjust.

Lets not rewrite history. Marco Silva hasnt had a poor 1/3rd of a season, he has a career 37% winning percentage in the league.

I didnt want the clown when he was at Watford, I bought into his record in Greece and his early work in Portugal, the fact that he was young and he could improve and lets be honest his style, when it works is very easy on the eye.

He, of course, had a horrific time of it last season but the results he got near the end, plus the style in the results meant I was more than willing to give him a little leeway. And 8th isnt terrible for a first season, yeah, yeah NSNO.

This season, we havent had a single good result, we have been beaten by all 3 promoted sides, 2 of them at home and we sit in 17th. There has been some very slight mitigation which ive considered, the VARs, the injuries to key players, a lack of form from some players, but that last 1, IMO is the job of the manager.

So now we have 1 of the worst set of fixtures I can recall, Koemans was pretty bad, but this 1 just feels so much worse.

I feared for us under Koeman, I havent had that feeling this time around and if things go badly this month, then im sure Santa will bring me it by Christmas.

As for Silva and I know people wont have it, but I honestly think hes still here due to no real alternative, I think theres still a degree of hope at Board room that he can pick up enough results to get us clear and stop us from getting in another stop gap.

Results will determine how much longer his reign lasts, but baring a legendary double cup win and a smash and grab 7th place or something, im fairly certain he wont be here come July.

I didnt want the clown when he was at Watford, I bought into his record in Greece and his early work in Portugal, the fact that he was young and he could improve and lets be honest his style, when it works is very easy on the eye.

He, of course, had a horrific time of it last season but the results he got near the end, plus the style in the results meant I was more than willing to give him a little leeway. And 8th isnt terrible for a first season, yeah, yeah NSNO.

This season, we havent had a single good result, we have been beaten by all 3 promoted sides, 2 of them at home and we sit in 17th. There has been some very slight mitigation which ive considered, the VARs, the injuries to key players, a lack of form from some players, but that last 1, IMO is the job of the manager.

So now we have 1 of the worst set of fixtures I can recall, Koemans was pretty bad, but this 1 just feels so much worse.

I feared for us under Koeman, I havent had that feeling this time around and if things go badly this month, then im sure Santa will bring me it by Christmas.

As for Silva and I know people wont have it, but I honestly think hes still here due to no real alternative, I think theres still a degree of hope at Board room that he can pick up enough results to get us clear and stop us from getting in another stop gap.

Results will determine how much longer his reign lasts, but baring a legendary double cup win and a smash and grab 7th place or something, im fairly certain he wont be here come July.

Certainly can't argue with any of that, apart from, I hope the last bit, if things aren't getting any better, hope he's out well before July.

Status
Not open for further replies.