2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they though?

According to a lot on here it’s Brands that does all the buying, same with Steve Walsh.

I’d like to know just how much involvement Silva has in buying players.

I imagine he has a list of positions he wants to improve, discussions over the qualities he wants in a player and makes his suggestions then Brands goes and looks for value in that particular niche and they decide together who their priorities are. Then the finance side is up to Marcel.

But that's just how I imagine it.

I imagine he has a list of positions he wants to improve, discussions over the qualities he wants in a player and makes his suggestions then Brands goes and looks for value in that particular niche and they decide together who their priorities are. Then the finance side is up to Marcel.

But that's just how I imagine it.
That’s how I imagine it works. I don’t know how Koeman and Walsh worked together, but at the 2018 AGM Walsh said he and Allardyce both had to agree, when signing a player, that he was right for the club, if one of them didn’t fancy signing the player then the deal never went through. So they both must have felt that Tosun and Walcott were good deals for Everton. It makes me think that was four bad deals that Everton made, Tosun, Walcott,Walsh and Allardyce.

Best post I have read in a long time.

Makes me cringe when people say its best to ignore points figures and say `we have improved in other ways lol', `we play more attractive football'.

The comment just about everyone thinks we have improved just shows how you can deceive a huge number of people.

If you think we will get over 61 points this season you are in a tiny band of the most optimistic head in the sand evertonians and you will make alot of money buying us on the spreads if you are correct.
I believe you wont back up your views with hard cash.

Are you a certain man from Hong Kong by any chance?

One thing that I really have to give Silva credit for against Wolves is that we never lost control of that game. Sure, we took our feet off the gas after we took the lead (that is a minor problem, but we aren’t the first team to do so), but we responded instantly both times we surrendered the lead.

He just needs to get better on the road and improve his in-game management. We know he gets results at home. Even if it’s a scrappy win, make it happen Marco. I’d rather crappy Allardycish wins on the road than the inevitable “we tried to play footy but sucked anyways” on the road.

Crazy to think we've conceeded 6 goals in our last 3 games including Villa and Lincoln.

Change in tactics or are teams starting to work us out?

Status
Not open for further replies.