Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
AVB for me, a much safer option who has loads more experience in actually winning things.

Silva is Watford level at best. they would not of sacked him if they thought he was worth keeping.

I respect people dont want Silva, but i find the whole 'he relegated Hull' argument a very dull and unintelligent argument. Id be more swayed if they said he fell short of his job of keeping them up. That Hull team was dead and buried long before he turned up, i wouldnt even blame mike phelan their board let their fans down, easiest decision was to promote Bruce's assistant.
Watford falling apart from November onwards is worrying and he'll have his work cutout with our dressing room and keeping players on board. But for me i look forward to seeing what he can do with real money and someone helping bring real talent into the club.

I respect people dont want Silva, but i find the whole 'he relegated Hull' argument a very dull and unintelligent argument. Id be more swayed if they said he fell short of his job of keeping them up. That Hull team was dead and buried long before he turned up, i wouldnt even blame mike phelan their board let their fans down, easiest decision was to promote Bruce's assistant.
Watford falling apart from November onwards is worrying and he'll have his work cutout with our dressing room and keeping players on board. But for me i look forward to seeing what he can do with real money and someone helping bring real talent into the club.
Problem is unless we can con someone into taking some/most of our deadbeat squad there won't be much cash available. Allardyce payoff and new manager/DoF contracts will punch a decent size hole in the transfer pot.

I'm still waiting for people to put up a viable suggestion of someone with 100% successful career that we could appoint?

OK then. Fabio Cannavaro, Luis Enrique, Phillip Cocu and Marcelo Gallardo all fit the bill.

You could also argue that Arteta has a successful career ahead of him, but we just don't know it!

Mike Phelan relegated Hull not Silva. He very nearly rescued an impossible situation. We gave Fat Sam £6m for playing 5 at the back against West Ham.

I agree it was the fault of Phelan they went down but regardless, he won 6 games there, just 6 but somehow thats getting re-wrote into potential for a top 6 manager, he went for Hull to Watford, who had to sack him, that right theres shows his level. There is a reason why certain managers get clubs of that standard, and get sacked again

Far more interested in a @davek opinion this time around on who we should employ....I don't agree on all things he types but he got the last one bang on when I and many others were frothing over "the dutchie"...
Silva is a gamble but I'm unsure of who else we could bring in. AVB ?? wasnt trusted with Spurs at the time, Not really heard much of him in truth lately so can't really judge. It looks like Silva from whats been printed...is he the man who can produce ELBobs attacking prowess but keeping a moyes like lid on defence ?..who knows. This should be an exciting time to be a blue....heres hoping it bares fruit.

Far more interested in a @davek opinion this time around on who we should employ....I don't agree on all things he types but he got the last one bang on when I and many others were frothing over "the dutchie"...
Silva is a gamble but I'm unsure of who else we could bring in. AVB ?? wasnt trusted with Spurs at the time, Not really heard much of him in truth lately so can't really judge. It looks like Silva from whats been printed...is he the man who can produce ELBobs attacking prowess but keeping a moyes like lid on defence ?..who knows. This should be an exciting time to be a blue....heres hoping it bares fruit.
Won League and runner up in Russia.Got Chinese team in ACL for the first time
P W D L Percent
Zenit Saint Petersburg 20 March 2014 23 May 2016 101 62 20 19 61.39
Shanghai SIPG 4 November 2016 30 November 2017 46 27 9 10 58.70

Last edited:

Problem is unless we can con someone into taking some/most of our deadbeat squad there won't be much cash available. Allardyce payoff and new manager/DoF contracts will punch a decent size hole in the transfer pot.

I doubt Brands is going to agree to come to Everton and then instantly handicap himself. Makes no sense.

If we score 150 I can forgive that

Scoring more than 2 or 3 per game, every game is unrealistic
Conceding about 2 per game is par for the course for Silva

upload_2018-5-27_15-11-50.png

He's fine by me. We have an identity-crisis at this club (IE we dont have one). This feller will stamp us with one again. he might need to move on after a couple of seasons but his remit as far as I see it is to mend the damage done by Koeman and Allardyce to our reputation as a progressive playing team.

Status
Not open for further replies.