Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

The movement is interesting, though I wonder how much is the market chasing it's tail. We saw it with Unsworth, Dyche and Allardyce before. Unless someone goes in more than 1/10 on it rarely means anything is close.

Silva has come in from around 16's to be evens though, I think it shows there is a volatility currently, and anyone could be plucked from left field as they are not massively happy with the front runners.

As for Silva, I am ambivalent to him. My worries are that he's still quite a young manager, hasn't had an awfully long period in the league and while he has done ok so far his record is not stellar. Watford have lost their last 3 too, so he could easily be in and around the bottom 3 by Christmas which would give a different slant.

I also sense the lads on a mission to get to the top. The 6 month Contract with Hull, the 2 year deal with Watford which he may break early. If people were frustrated by Koeman having half an eye on his next job, I sense we will see more of this with Silva.
Aside from his first job, he hasn't stayed anywhere very long. I think we could ideally do with a manager who will be here for the medium term.

I look at what he has done well so far, it seems to be almost to throw the deck of cards up, re-arrange them quickly and have a side organised. Hull had a massive turnover of players, as have Watford. There's no doubt he thrives under quick turnaround of teams, but thats very different to the more patient approach that seems to be required here.

In his favour you can see a manager a 40 who has the potential to be an elite level coach, very similar to Emery and what he is doing. His work with Estoril was fantastic, and his winning record at Olympiakos is even better than Rodgers at Celtic. He will no doubt go onto bigger and better things, and maybe as a club we have to begin to accept not all managerial appointments will be longer term ones.

He also knows the league, and is something of a compromise candidate between a foreign coach and one who knows the league.

If he was to become our manager he would have my total support and undying desire to be truly brilliant.

But I am worried that he is a Roberto mark II and that would be no use to anyone.

He's lost his last 3, one of those was against Stoke at home, I repeat, Stoke at home and one was against Everton when 2-0 up but me dad wants him so who am I to argue?

Quoting a few individual results is meaningless in a managers career. Mourinho lost at Huddersfield, Pep drew at home to us.

Compare Silver's average win percentage of 53% in six or so years of management to your favourite candidate and see how they compare.

Quoting a few individual results is meaningless in a managers career. Mourinho lost at Huddersfield, Pep drew at home to us.

Compare Silver's average win percentage of 53% in six or so years of management to your favourite candidate and see how they compare.
This is why I posted that comment, people would do my research for me ;) I actually think he would be a great choice and like I said if me dad thinks he's sound that'll do me.

Status
Not open for further replies.