Homepage Article Marco Silva Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t feel any sense of happiness , relief or anything.. just sad we have another failed manager effort to restore the team to the top.

He had it tough this year losing the players he did with injuries and transfers.. but showed he isn’t up to it. This wasn’t his first difficult period and many other clubs would have given him the boot last season already... as I said in the official thread.. too many lows .. this had gone on too long.

I genuinely don’t know what will bring back my joy for the club.. I almost don’t care who we bring.. the road is going to be tough till we get a chance to reset ... troubling times

Unlike either Big Sam or Koeman I feel a tad sorry for him as he appeared a decent bloke but he clearly was in way over his head and hadn’t got a clue how to fix things, especially our defense or game management.

Now just have to nervously wait to see who his replacement is..,

Aye, I'll give him his dues as he did try (trying 3-5-2 for example) and had some rotten luck with injuries. But by and large got it badly wrong tactically. It's not necessarily the shape, it's how far we pushed forward with slow centre backs, had players Ill suited to a high press, or just failed to manage games in both winning and losing positions.

Bye.

Wondering if there was clause in Silva's contract, that if he went into the relegation zone, they would pay out less money in the termination.
If so, fair play.

Aye, I'll give him his dues as he did try (trying 3-5-2 for example) and had some rotten luck with injuries. But by and large got it badly wrong tactically. It's not necessarily the shape, it's how far we pushed forward with slow centre backs, had players Ill suited to a high press, or just failed to manage games in both winning and losing positions.

Bye.
Never being able to win a game when we fell behind indicated a huge issue with either tactics or team motivation - probably both.

Hopefully Silva gets some rest and in time a deal at a new club where he can start afresh with a few lessons under his belt.

Never being able to win a game when we fell behind indicated a huge issue with either tactics or team motivation - probably both.

Hopefully Silva gets some rest and in time a deal at a new club where he can start afresh with a few lessons under his belt.

And dealing with set pieces.

Bottom line is that he had faults in his own style of management. Add to that the injuries, the inability to adapt, and lack of goals, he was sinking and couldn't get himself out of it which started on his principles.

He was out of his depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.