Votes: 525 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 76 11.3%
  • Fence

Votes: 73 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the problems started in the summer window.

Gbamin looks a decent signing in the making
Gomes is inconsistent
Delph is a squad player.

Weve spent about £52mil on them

We needed either Doucoure or another monster type, i wanted Sangare from Toulouse.

Whoever plays in the middle together i dont see how it works unless its Gbamin, Gomes + 1.

Thats the best we have and thats with Gbamin still being a mystery.

I think Brands has let Silva down massively in centre midfield and centre back.
I don't think Doucoure is very good. I'd rather have signed Gbamin. Sangare is one of those guys all the analytics guys and scouting guys on twitter love but I'm not going to pretend to have ever watched Toulouse so I have no actual opinion. I can't imagine how little good will the club would have if they didn't bring Gomes back, but it is possible that they could have said no and found someone else with similar midfield skills and a bit more consistent in the attacking and defensive thirds. The injuries have left us a bit short but as you said Delph is a squad player. This is what squad players are for. As much as people crap on Schneiderlin, he hasn't been the main problem.

All this is a long winded way saying yes the midfield is messy. But to not ever try anything new isn't really acceptable even when the actual options are limited. I don't think the injuries have been nearly numerous enough to excuse this consistent level of poor performance and the same tactical set up that keeps bringing that performance level. It shouldn't be this bad.

I don't like continually sacking managers either, but I don't think Silva is up to the job. It has been clear for weeks we needed to change the team and he doesn't. If he was trying different things and we were still losing, ok you've had a go but it's the same every time and we lose to a set-piece. Very reminiscent of Martinez.
It's a fine line. Because giving people time to implement things and solve problems is necessary. But if the person isn't up for it no amount of time will fix it. So the question becomes do we see anything to suggest that Silva has ideas and plans to fix the problems and a vision of what he wants to be if we give him more time? And our their signs that we are actually moving toward that vision? Once the answer becomes a resounding no, it kind of becomes time to move on even if that sets you back another three or more years.

I don't like continually sacking managers either, but I don't think Silva is up to the job. It has been clear for weeks we needed to change the team and he doesn't. If he was trying different things and we were still losing, ok you've had a go but it's the same every time and we lose to a set-piece. Very reminiscent of Martinez.
It was clear in pre season he wasn't up to the task.

He was lucky to survive last season , probably doing so due to the late season revival.
The squad are massively under performing and the buck has to stop with him.
His obstinacy is Martinez - esque , and simply baffling.
Time for us to move on.

No chance he's turning it around. As soon as I saw the team sheet I knew we were gonna lose.

I'm afraid, he hasn't got what it takes.
Exactly.......saw Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson in a 4 2 3 1 and thought we are going to lose this.
Same formation same crap players in the same positions, we are sooooo PREDICTABLE, Martinez did it, Koeman did it, Allardyce did it and now Silva is doing exactly the same. If players are not performing drop them and promote a couple from the u23s.
Just wish he would do something/anything different.

Predictable football, predictable team and furnation, predictable performances, predictable loss away from home, predictable post match 'we dominated the game'.

He seems completely incapable of inspiring this team and is too stubborn to try alternative systems, but unless we have another manager lined up, there is no point in sacking him.

If we sack him now, with no replacement, given the possibility that if we lost today we could sack him, then it's poor planning from the owner and director(s) because we go into a 2 week break and it would at least give another manager 2 weeks to acclimatise before our next match.

If he isn't sacked this weekend then he's hanging by a thread. West Ham, Brighton and Watford next...for to be at least 6 points from those.

Im feeling exactly the same as I did at the end of each of the past three managers reigns....depression and hurt.....and it won’t belong before the club will be forced to pull the trigger.

The fans (mob) are gearing up pitch forks and touches in hand to storm the castle and vanquish the monster....I mean manager!!

It's a fine line. Because giving people time to implement things and solve problems is necessary. But if the person isn't up for it no amount of time will fix it. So the question becomes do we see anything to suggest that Silva has ideas and plans to fix the problems and a vision of what he wants to be if we give him more time? And our their signs that we are actually moving toward that vision? Once the answer becomes a resounding no, it kind of becomes time to move on even if that sets you back another three or more years.
Exactly you need to give people something to buy into or a vision otherwise what's the point of sticking with the coach? How deep do our problems go though when the players down tools continually on various managers?

Exactly you need to give people something to buy into or a vision otherwise what's the point of sticking with the coach? How deep do our problems go though when the players down tools continually on various managers?
I don't think they're downing tools here. No direction at all. I think they're trying but just don't really know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.