• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking of suit and tie: I had to address a formal gathering on Monday and was attired appropriately in a black suit etc.On the way home I popped into Auckland Hospital: a very dear friend is on his last legs (cancer...or as he calls it 'Jack the Dancer'). He's very diminished and is loaded with morphine so sleeps mostly...but he heard me come toward his bed...opened his eyes in startled fashion...he said "F*** mate, I thought you were the undertaker!" ...we both had a good laugh...possibly the last one we'll share...
Sorry to hear that mate, Let’s hope he slips away in minimal pain or discomfort. Swine of a disease, but so often it’s sufferers amaze me with their humour and bloody mindedness :)

just before my mum passed away, she was drifting in and out of consciousness and one time she woke up, looked at a young woman who was visiting somebody in the opposite bed and said “ the size of the arse on her wearing bicycle short” then slipped back asleep, we were creased up, even amongst all that illness on grief. ( she didn’t say it loud enough to upset the young woman or her family by the way)

The Toffees recorded remarkable pressing numbers, according to PPDA (passes allowed per defensive action in opposition half), Everton averaged 9.81, which only the top London clubs and Manchester City could beat.

Having formed such a high press, Everton built chances from high turnovers and catching the opposition out of shape. This improved our shot count to incredible levels, going from just 16 shots on target against the top 6 last season, to 56 shots on target this season. It’s also worth pointing out the 23 shots we had at home to Arsenal, a game which we somehow won just 1-0.

Told you we pressed fam @CRIMHEAD, the stats have turned against you!!

The Toffees recorded remarkable pressing numbers, according to PPDA (passes allowed per defensive action in opposition half), Everton averaged 9.81, which only the top London clubs and Manchester City could beat.

Having formed such a high press, Everton built chances from high turnovers and catching the opposition out of shape. This improved our shot count to incredible levels, going from just 16 shots on target against the top 6 last season, to 56 shots on target this season. It’s also worth pointing out the 23 shots we had at home to Arsenal, a game which we somehow won just 1-0.

Told you we pressed fam @CRIMHEAD, the stats have turned against you!!

But someone said on here that we haven’t improved since Big Sam because we finished with the same number to the left of us in the league table. I believe it was @havrey0123 but I could be wrong.

For me he has to do a couple of the following things next season to be successful:

Derby win
Win away at top 6 ground
More than 5 away wins
Get past a top 6 team in the cup

If he can do any of those things next season then it’s a positive sign. Unfortunately beating a few of the top 6 in the sunshine at the end of the season when there’s nothing riding on it and finishing 8th is all too easy for Everton managers. Cracking any of the above would show that we’re moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.