• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to make a point about these missed opportunities a la Fulham and Palace etc. because I keep seeing this and EVERY club bar city and Liverpool have those results in them.

What are your expectations. Win every game v the teams below us and then say 50% points from games v top 6?

What’s your benchmark?

Since the Liverpool game when our form picked up and people have seen an improvement we’ve played 8 games. Won 4, drawn 2 and lost 2. 14 points from 24. During that time we’ve played a fairly good mix of title contenders, European contenders, mid table teams and relegation candidates and had a fair mix of home and away.

Extrapolated across the course of a season that would put us on c66 points. Which would put us probably top 4 challengers.

If we were to have won those two games we lost we’d be on 20. Which would be 95 over a season. Which is challenging for a title.

I’m more than happy with the reality and I think the latter is massively unrealistic. We are going to drop points.

Enjoy the improvement. It’s clear as day. Try to be less entrenched in your view as I honestly think your expectations are too high.

Edited cos I messed up a sum.
Good post mate. Said a lot of what I was going to say so saved me a job.

I would add that not everything in the garden is rosy, the drop in form post Anfield derby is both unexplainable and worrying. But some of the football we have played either side of that has been a breath of fresh air after last season. Now that we have got used to zonal marking and reduced the number of stupid free kicks we're giving away around the box, our defence has looked much more effective. if we can keep hold of Gomes and Zouma, and bring in a quality goal scoring centre forward in the summer, there is real hope that we can push some of the top 6 next season.

Some RS I know quite well who goes to all the home games has given me some hope. I don't really like the guy as he's usually very dismissive of Everton. But he said to me that this is by far the best Everton team he has seen since the Eighties, and that after PSG, we were the best team that they had played at Anfield this season. I'm pretty sure he wasn't patronising me either, as I said he's usually just dismissive of us.

Imo it has been a frustrating, poor and disappointing season when you look at the season as a whole in its entirety and not just the last few decent wins or so. At the end of the day, none of that matters though as he is clearly going to get another season now no matter what anyone of us say so its all a bit pointless going round in circles really.

This summer will be his 3rd transfer window and his second full season and we will have to do better so lets hope that it happens because i am absolutely sick to death of being a stagnant mediocre club that never wins anything. If next season ends up the same as this one has then there are no excuses left and the club will have to reconsider its direction.

In the meantime we are blues so lets get behind them no matter who is in charge.

Hopefully this Summer can be a watershed for the club mate.

Lots of deadwood going out, some quality coming in and the squad being re energised.

I`m not so sure he`ll get another season if we haven`t improved measurably by the Christmas / New Year period.

As we`ve seen from the poll on here, the crowd can be / are very fickle dependant on results.

Let`s wait and see.

Imo it has been a frustrating, poor and disappointing season when you look at the season as a whole in its entirety and not just the last few decent wins or so. At the end of the day, none of that matters though as he is clearly going to get another season now no matter what anyone of us say so its all a bit pointless going round in circles really.

This summer will be his 3rd transfer window and his second full season and we will have to do better so lets hope that it happens because i am absolutely sick to death of being a stagnant mediocre club that never wins anything. If next season ends up the same as this one has then there are no excuses left and the club will have to reconsider its direction.

In the meantime we are blues so lets get behind them no matter who is in charge.

I certainly understand your frustration but the PL these days is about spending. We've only had Moshiri 3 years. In the beginning he gave autonomy to Koeman and Walsh to spend great swathes of money but to no avail.

I'm just not sure why now is the point of being sick of being stagnant, mediocre club. Before Moshiri, we we couldn't compete financially to have a sustained run at it. Since Moshiri we've had ups and downs but LOOK at the squad we have which would have been impossible to put together before:

Pickford
Keane
Sig'
Bernard
Richarlison
Digne

Before Moshiri our record signing was Lukaku for £28m. Moshiri comes in and spends nearly as much on Michael Keane.

For me, this finally feels like the beginnings of a squad and era where we can progress. And that's irrespective of the manager, given we have a coveted DOF.

I'm not having a pop, far from it. I just think finally things are on the up for the club as a whole.

I need to make a point about these missed opportunities a la Fulham and Palace etc. because I keep seeing this and EVERY club bar city and Liverpool have those results in them.

What are your expectations. Win every game v the teams below us and then say 50% points from games v top 6?

What’s your benchmark?

Since the Liverpool game when our form picked up and people have seen an improvement we’ve played 8 games. Won 4, drawn 2 and lost 2. 14 points from 24. During that time we’ve played a fairly good mix of title contenders, European contenders, mid table teams and relegation candidates and had a fair mix of home and away.

Extrapolated across the course of a season that would put us on c66 points. Which would put us probably top 4 challengers.

If we were to have won those two games we lost we’d be on 20. Which would be 95 over a season. Which is challenging for a title.

I’m more than happy with the reality and I think the latter is massively unrealistic. We are going to drop points.

Enjoy the improvement. It’s clear as day. Try to be less entrenched in your view as I honestly think your expectations are too high.

Edited cos I messed up a sum.
Fantastic post. FANTASTIC.

Its quite simple, the Silva Out posse would still be chatting utter wham about his Hull record if he won the league here.

"But the whole league has been beaten all season"

WHAT ABOUT FULHAM

Dunno why we cant all just be frandels till August.

I find it unreal that the back and forth is still going, Marco beat you, he won this war, regroup and we go again next season.

COYB

C. Meh start, good when all the new ones started playing regularly, absolutely terrible in the middle third, good now. I mean, that's straight up average.

Good signs, same with Martinez we are quite good at teams who come at us but poir at best with teams who sit back.

Still surprised he made it out of the winter with a job.

On one hand, I’m impressed by how quickly he implemented his system. On the other, I’m disappointed with the lack of answers for sides that play defensively. You can argue that Dom is a big culprit in those situations, but I’d like to see that rectified next season.

A squad with the likes of Digne, Richarlison, Bernard, Gueye and Gomes is too solid to stand idle. We need to see a bit of improvement aka consistency next season. We need to come up with an answer for some of these teams- particularly away from home.

C+

He’s done a good job. I still feel he could have done more with the slump, it seemed to be a very Martinez approach. But the start of the season was good, he set an identity which the fans bought into straight away

Since the break he’s addressed issues around the defence, turned Zouma into an absolute beast and finally binned Walcott. Unfortunately he’s had no striker

C+ for me, but I'm optimistic for a better season next year. A lot depends on what happens with our loan players (we need to keep the ones that are here, and permanently shift the ones we have out on loan) but providing we don't lose any of our influential players (Digne, Gana, Gylfi, Richarlison, Bernard etc..) then I think the future is bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.