• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. As you know, that takes time, application, and a buy in from the players.

It looks like a team is emerging, and it feels like one is as well.

...he seems to have a good way with individuals and I imagine they like playing for him. We were poor tactically, and I wondered about the worth of his coaches but they have turned things around quite quickly. Even if a key player is out (Gomes) the team have maintained momentum.

I think Brands and Silva’s relationship with Brands is key. I’m very encouraged that many of our best players are also our new players. The summer will be of great interest.

It is bizarre, I agree.

Like someone else said, you have a closed mind on this. Utterly.

Please explain why his records at Watford and Hull have anything to do with the positive steps most seem to acknowledge. No one is getting giddy and booking open top buses, but those with an open mind seem to be seeing progress.

You obviously are not, and would prefer to focus on the negatives from months ago to prove you are right.
I'm not bothered if I'm right or not. There have been big concerns in the midst of this period that has seen support swing back in his way.

Newcastle - Needed to win to keep ourselves in the mix for Europe and failed.

Fulham - Had the chance to move 7th and failed.

Palace - Must win to stay in contention for 7th and failed.

These are the games we should be winning. We were all predicting losses against: West Ham, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd. The pressure was off the team, we just wanted performances and to not be embarrassed. Thankfully for us, them teams have their own problems going on.

The evidence is there for all to see, pressure to get the win? We won't do it.

Also, of course his past record at English clubs is relevant. The run that Watford went on prior to his sacking is eerily similar to the run we went on at Christmas. He also had a similar terrible run at the tail end of his Hull career.

It isn't a 'daft agenda', it is a valid opinion.

There have also been negative signs. The away results aren't good enough and the losses to Newcastle and Fulham are very concerning.

I won't be blindly following a manager, with a woeful CV, just because we managed to beat a few teams who are struggling hugely for league form, especially when we had no pressure on us to win the games.

First sign of a bit of pressure and expectation, we're back to dropping points.

I need to make a point about these missed opportunities a la Fulham and Palace etc. because I keep seeing this and EVERY club bar city and Liverpool have those results in them.

What are your expectations. Win every game v the teams below us and then say 50% points from games v top 6?

What’s your benchmark?

Since the Liverpool game when our form picked up and people have seen an improvement we’ve played 8 games. Won 4, drawn 2 and lost 2. 14 points from 24. During that time we’ve played a fairly good mix of title contenders, European contenders, mid table teams and relegation candidates and had a fair mix of home and away.

Extrapolated across the course of a season that would put us on c66 points. Which would put us probably top 4 challengers.

If we were to have won those two games we lost we’d be on 20. Which would be 95 over a season. Which is challenging for a title.

I’m more than happy with the reality and I think the latter is massively unrealistic. We are going to drop points.

Enjoy the improvement. It’s clear as day. Try to be less entrenched in your view as I honestly think your expectations are too high.

Edited cos I messed up a sum.

Last edited:

I need to make a point about these missed opportunities a la Fulham and Palace etc. because I keep seeing this and EVERY club bar city and Liverpool have those results in them.

What are your expectations. Win every game v the teams below us and then say 50% points from games v top 6?

What’s your benchmark?

Since the Liverpool game when our form picked up and people have seen an improvement we’ve played 8 games. Won 4, drawn 2 and lost 2. 14 points from 24. During that time we’ve played a fairly good mix of title contenders, European contenders, mid table teams and relegation candidates and had a fair mix of home and away.

Extrapolated across the course of a season that would put us on c66 points. Which would put us probably top 4 challengers.

If we were to have won those two games we lost we’d be on 20. Which would be 95 over a season. Which is challenging for a title.

I’m more than happy with the reality and I think the latter is massively unrealistic. We are going to drop points.

Enjoy the improvement. It’s clear as day. Try to be less entrenched in your view as I honestly think your expectations are too high.

Edited cos I messed up a sum.

Very well stated.

Rebuild is his job this season a cup run would of been nice but not a priority and it would of ended in disappointment anyway, as I and many more have said give him time judge him this time next season.
my posts aren't meant to be anti Silva it's more the ramming it down my throat that we've had a successful season posts that irk me more than anything Silva has done....One things for sure, we desperately need a decent striker for next season if we're to achieve anything of note.

Status
Not open for further replies.