• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a look at how we were post Pickford derby. Then take a look at how we have looked these last few weeks.

Take a look at how several players have noticeably improved.

Chuck you daft agenda away, and admit that there have been positive signs. Not nirvana, granted, but he has steadied a slump, improved the defence and organisation, and set us up looking really good.
It isn't a 'daft agenda', it is a valid opinion.

There have also been negative signs. The away results aren't good enough and the losses to Newcastle and Fulham are very concerning.

I won't be blindly following a manager, with a woeful CV, just because we managed to beat a few teams who are struggling hugely for league form, especially when we had no pressure on us to win the games.

First sign of a bit of pressure and expectation, we're back to dropping points.

It isn't a 'daft agenda', it is a valid opinion.

There have also been negative signs. The away results aren't good enough and the losses to Newcastle and Fulham are very concerning.

I won't be blindly following a manager, with a woeful CV, just because we managed to beat a few teams who are struggling hugely for league form, especially when we had no pressure on us to win the games.

First sign of a bit of pressure and expectation, we're back to dropping points.

Dont see anyone blindly following a manager. I do see some folk seemingly content to focus of any negative they can to win the internet though. And ignore or explain away any positives.

Looks like an agenda to me.

We all want a successful Everton, we won't be getting that with Silva, though.

We dont know that for sure tho, sure the signs arent promising, but who knows, with an improved squad, more time to get his ideas across, who knows?

Until we know for sure, when it becomes 100% clear, then we know.

I honestly cba starting again with somebody else, somebody better? Again, who knows.

Take a look at how we were post Pickford derby. Then take a look at how we have looked these last few weeks.

Take a look at how several players have noticeably improved.

Chuck you daft agenda away, and admit that there have been positive signs. Not nirvana, granted, but he has steadied a slump, improved the defence and organisation, and set us up looking really good.

....the most encouraging thing is ‘improved the defence and organisation’. Defence for me isn’t specifically the back four, it’s what the whole team does when the opposition has the ball. It was my main concern, but we are organisationally and tactically better which is encouraging for those of us who were a little concerned.

It really doesn’t matter what Silva did before, there’s always risk with managerial appointments. It’s lots to do with right man, right time, right place. If history tells us one thing, it’s to persevere through blimps.

Last edited:

If we beat Burnley and lose to Spurs but put in a decent showing, I'll chalk this up as a very solid first season. What I see is a manager who has learnt from his mistakes, hasn't been afraid to drop people or consistently pick his favourites, hasn't lost the dressing room, and genuinely seems to care about succeeding here. That's more than good enough for me for a first season after the dirge of Koeman and Allardyce. I actually like Everton again, we feel like a club growing sensibly, and with a clear plan in mind. Nice one Marco.

....the most encouraging thing is ‘improved the defence and organisation’. Defence for me isn’t specifically the back four, it’s what the whole team does when the opposition has the ball. It was my main concern, but we are organisationally and tactically better which is encouraging for those of us who were concerned.

Yep. As you know, that takes time, application, and a buy in from the players.

It looks like a team is emerging, and it feels like one is as well.

Dont see anyone blindly following a manager. I do see some folk seemingly content to focus of any negative they can to win the internet though. And ignore or explain away any positives.

Looks like an agenda to me.
So you think people can't express concerns after a season that has seen us lose 14 games, be knocked out of the cup competitions by Southampton and Millwall and we could end up finishing 8th/9th/10th?

Yeah, definitely an agenda there. How dare anyone question him after that stellar record?

That relegation with Hull, and the sacking by Watford, gives me real confidence he can bring the glory days to Goodison.

Really bizarre post.

We dont know that for sure tho, sure the signs arent promising, but who knows, with an improved squad, more time to get his ideas across, who knows?

I honestly cba starting again with somebody else, somebody better? Again, who knows.

I’ve probably changed to this way of thinking.

I was DEAD against Silva. But he’s not as bad as I first feared. (That first fear was very very bad though...and I thought it was here in the winter months...anyway...)

But he’s done pretty much the same as every other manager ever does here so like you, cannot be arsed with starting over again. And again. And again.

Depends who we could get. I wouldn't bother sacking him for an Eddie Howe, or the like.

So you think people can't express concerns after a season that has seen us lose 14 games, be knocked out of the cup competitions by Southampton and Millwall and we could end up finishing 8th/9th/10th?

Yeah, definitely an agenda there. How dare anyone question him after that stellar record?

That relegation with Hull, and the sacking by Watford, gives me real confidence he can bring the glory days to Goodison.

Really bizarre post.

It is bizarre, I agree.

Like someone else said, you have a closed mind on this. Utterly.

Please explain why his records at Watford and Hull have anything to do with the positive steps most seem to acknowledge. No one is getting giddy and booking open top buses, but those with an open mind seem to be seeing progress.

You obviously are not, and would prefer to focus on the negatives from months ago to prove you are right.

I’m not sure we’d get anyone really much better to be honest.

We are a decidedly average proposition for someone.
I'd hope the board would try and sell what we could be. Depends on Moshiri's ambitions for the club. Can't be that great, given the managers he has hired, tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.