• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been satisfied with the season. I expect a 7-9th position at the beginning of each season and expectations are generally met. The cup runs are a bit disappointing but Everton doesn't have a cup mentality so I don't get glum about non-performance.
The top 6 is near permanently beyond us imo, but the emergence of teams like Wolves, Watford, Leicester and possibly West Ham, mean that the mini-league 'best of the rest' competition, ensures an exciting PL season for Evertonians.

Last edited:
I’m genuinely stunned you can view this season as anything other than massively disappointing.

Also, them polls aren’t serious.

I aint massively disappointed. Pretty encouraged in a baby steps sort of way. Silva improved his defence, he sorted out a worrying slump, and we have an identifiable style of playing these last few weeks.

Bearing in mind that both of those "achievements" were widely assumed to be beyond him by many siren voices on here, and wider afield, thats got to be encouraging. The signings have been good, several players have noticeably improved, and while quite a few sides have stumbled late in the season, we have been pretty steady/good in the main.

Also, for the first time in what seems like ages, we aint looking for (another) new boss this summer.

Not perfect, could be better, but the signs are pretty encouraging to this observer.

I think Wolves getting the Europa spot has also been a blessing for Marco. There is still a lot of Fatty Koeman's and Gormless Walsh's uselessness around FF and we need to extirpate that before even thinking of being embarrassed again in Europe. I expect Brands and Silva will, over ther next two summer windows complete an overhaul and I would like to be thinking of a 7th place in season 21/22 whenupon a few pints on the continent watching Everton might be a reasonable prospect (i.e. the 22/23 season).

You're chatting raspberries here m8, Everton haven't beaten a top 6 side since 2017 now you're coming up with "Well other mid table teams beat them so it's not that special."
We smashed them off the park all three of them come out with your chest and give them the credit they deserve even if you think this season is gash.
The Newcastle one is a freak freak result no one even expected us to go 2-0 up for starters Pickford badly messed up that game we were cruising in that first half but the warning signs by Pickford were there and Silva should have managed the 2nd half better but an offside goal and Pickford being a bell won it for them.

No the blame cannot be put on Jags we picked the same team and N O N E of them turned up not a single player and they rightfully beat us, Changing a defender would have not impact our attackers being absolute terrible.

Some fans were apprehensive about the Palace game but on the day we turned up and dominated them we didn't get the goal that we deserved it was just one of them games sadly, Most of us predicted they wouldn't turn up so can't be too arsey about it.
The only worry for next season should be the Christmas form and not repeating it again, It's been an average season but if I was going by your post I would have thought we were about 17th.
We’re not doing something incredible by beating Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea this season, as I said, they’ve been very, very poor recently.

Newcastle wasn’t a freak result, it is the second time this season we have thrown away a two-goal lead.

Changing a defender in the Fulham game, in this case, Jagielka, would have ensured we were more solid at the back. Jagielka’s performance that day was shockingly bad. We could’ve at least got a vital point.

Crystal Palace have, if I’m correct, the second worst home record this season. I think they’ve only won four home games and Silva couldn’t find a way to beat them.

We usually don’t perform if we’re the favourites, or if there is pressure to win, Silva hasn’t changed that.

We’re relying on a bang average manager to try and usher in a new era. I won’t be looking to next season with any sort of optimism, I expect much of the same.

I aint massively disappointed. Pretty encouraged in a baby steps sort of way. Silva improved his defence, he sorted out a worrying slump, and we have an identifiable style of playing these last few weeks.

Bearing in mind that both of those "achievements" were widely assumed to be beyond him by many siren voices on here, and wider afield, thats got to be encouraging. The signings have been good, several players have noticeably improved, and while quite a few sides have stumbled late in the season, we have been pretty steady/good in the main.

Also, for the first time in what seems like ages, we aint looking for (another) new boss this summer.

Not perfect, could be better, but the signs are pretty encouraging to this observer.
Depends on which way you want to look at it. We’ve only taken 1 point from 9 against woeful teams in our last three away games. I think that’s stumbling and it’s the reason we’ll once again be missing out on European football.

The signings are down to Brands, with Richarlison being the exception.

I haven’t even gone into Silva having no Plan B. When we go a goal down, other than Brighton at home, have we gone on to win a game?

There’s no cause for optimism in thinking we can push on to anything better next season.

Last edited:

LOL.

Apart from City and Liverpool, you could put up the last seven results from every single team in the league and they would read something similar to that.

So by your rational, every other manager, apart from Pep and Baccy Teeth, is inconsistent too !!!

Must try harder.

Hopefully a ban is lurking around the corner for the worst poster in the history of grandoldteam.com looking at his reaction score.

Depends on which way you want to look at it. We’ve only taken 1 point from 9 against woeful teams in our last three away games. I think that’s stumbling and it’s the reason we’ll once again be missing out on European football.

The signings are down to Brands, with Richarlison being the exception.

I haven’t even gone into Silva having no Plan B. When we go a goal down, other than Brighton at home, have we go on to win a game?

There’s no cause for optimism in thinking we can push on to anything better next season.
I noticed the West Ham game was overlooked even though it was played after the Newcastle game. But you would probably side with the “West Ham were poor” rather than giving your own team any credit. And you won’t rest till you see Silva out of the door and probably give yourself a self congratulary pat on the back.

I noticed the West Ham game was overlooked even though it was played after the Newcastle game. But you would probably side with the “West Ham were poor” rather than giving your own team any credit. And you won’t rest till you see Silva out of the door and probably give yourself a self congratulary pat on the back.
No, it was my mistake. 4 points from 12, still very disappointing, isn’t it?

Hopefully a ban is lurking around the corner for the worst poster in the history of grandoldteam.com looking at his reaction score.

Lol.

I don’t actually think he’s the worst tbh.

He only pops up now and again, where as there’s a few others who are constantly waiting for anything at all, a draw being the case in point this week to start squawking like a nest full of hungry birds.

Lol.

I don’t actually think he’s the worst tbh.

He only pops up now and again, where as there’s a few others who are constantly waiting for anything at all, a draw being the case in point this week to start squawking like a nest full of hungry birds.

He’s the worst by virtue of the fact he’s a kopite WUM but still manages to pick the worst examples of things to try and have us off about.

Status
Not open for further replies.