• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
????????????????????????????????????????

That's just a run of results? You'd rather he lose 5 games, then win 5 games?

Good grief.
the point being he got us into the position of getting 7th, and then threw it away with results against fulham and palace.
not to mention the other results
losses to brighton southampton milwall drawing to huddersfield at home

the point being he got us into the position of getting 7th, and then threw it away with results against fulham and palace.
not to mention the other results
losses to brighton southampton milwall drawing to huddersfield at home
Losses happen mate. Of course I'd rather have a manager who wins every single game but that is dreamland. Every team has dropped points home and away in games they thought they'd do better in, it happens.

Last season we struggled to get a shot even get out of are own half some games, had up and downs this season but we are now showing some great form arsenal chelsea united ect deserves his chance to manage us next season. Cant take anyone seriously if they think sam was the answer long term

bottom line he isnt good enough and could easily have been sacked already.
if people want to waste another season to see if he is good enough then fair enough
Yes, he could easily have been sacked. But he wasn't and we in turn were rewarded with three victories against top six sides and seven clean sheets in nine. At the very least, that shows the jury's still out.

look at the results over the whole season.
this run of results could of got us 7th but he blew it by winning the hard games and losing/drawing the easy games
I agree, he should've lost the hard games and won the "easy" games in that run. Then we would've had 9 points from those games instead of 12...

...wait, that doesn't add up....

Yes, he could easily have been sacked. But he wasn't and we in turn were rewarded with three victories against top six sides and seven clean sheets in nine. At the very least, that shows the jury's still out.
I wouldnt even respond to these jokers. Anyone that cant see the difference between us this season and last season doesnt know football. Even with the bad patch we had, you can clearly see the difference between this and what we were playing under Sam is chalk and cheese. People are whinging about the game on Saturday....if that was Man City then everyone would be saying how dominate they were and were unlucky not win but because its us and people cant wait to pick holes, its seen as Silva will never be good enough.

I wouldnt even respond to these jokers. Anyone that cant see the difference between us this season and last season doesnt know football. Even with the bad patch we had, you can clearly see the difference between this and what we were playing under Sam is chalk and cheese. People are whinging about the game on Saturday....if that was Man City then everyone would be saying how dominate they were and were unlucky not win but because its us and people cant wait to pick holes, its seen as Silva will never be good enough.
We looked like a proper football team on Saturday when we were in possession. I said in the match thread at the time, but when we had the ball I felt like there was a reason and intent behind us passing it round unlike when Martinez had the centre halves doing 1 2s for the whole 90. A proper goalscorer and we win that game. The signs are there.

Although his subs were a bit late imo.

I swear the worst thing that happened to this club in many ways we getting 8th last year. We were literally the worst defensive team in open play in the entire league - WORSE than Fulham. We generated few chances - like bottom third - to go along with it. But we got lucky as heck to be 8th and everyone thinks Silva didn't improve us. Did anyone watch us play last year? Silva has contributed to a massive improvement in this team.

We are inconsistent because many of the players still aren't that great and need replacing. The man certainly deserves next year.

We looked like a proper football team on Saturday when we were in possession. I said in the match thread at the time, but when we had the ball I felt like there was a reason and intent behind us passing it round unlike when Martinez had the centre halves doing 1 2s for the whole 90. A proper goalscorer and we win that game. The signs are there.

Although his subs were a bit late imo.
Definitely. His biggest fault are late subs, but to be fair most of the players outside our starting 11 are so crap it doesn't matter if they have 5 minutes or 50, they won't make a difference.

look at the results over the whole season.
this run of results could of got us 7th but he blew it by winning the hard games and losing/drawing the easy games

Mate I think you are unaware of what a building process is. An overhaul with a new style of play implemented bodes well for the future. You want the here and now. Building takes time and if our recent displays (not results) continue then we are on the correct path. Our football currently is looking attractive and looking like the best approach to get results. We are building to progress and lay a platform and not just playing survival football. Summer will be only there 2nd transfer window yet we are seeing shoots of good entertaining football. Patience is required for a rebuild unless you just want to judge all managers on a dozen or so games and insist 'Next Please'. That will not work.

To the people saying this season is a massive disappointment, where did you expect us to finish?

I put expect in italics because when you actually press people for a proper answer they often say “challenge the top 6” or similar. Well we’ve had a transitional season but I’d say we have definitely challenged the top 6 in the last month or two, with three wins and a draw that we could have so easily won over 4 of the top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.