• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the people saying this season is a massive disappointment, where did you expect us to finish?

I put expect in italics because when you actually press people for a proper answer they often say “challenge the top 6” or similar. Well we’ve had a transitional season but I’d say we have definitely challenged the top 6 in the last month or two, with three wins and a draw that we could have so easily won over 4 of the top 6.
and apart from the Spurs home game, we could have gotten something from the away fixtures aswell. Unlucky against Liverpool and Arsenal. Its like people are in a bubble, look at Guardiola and Klopp's first season. Pep took over a title-winning team and got 3rd , Klopp took over in october and finished 8th and in the follow up season scrapped to 4th

To the people saying this season is a massive disappointment, where did you expect us to finish?

I put expect in italics because when you actually press people for a proper answer they often say “challenge the top 6” or similar. Well we’ve had a transitional season but I’d say we have definitely challenged the top 6 in the last month or two, with three wins and a draw that we could have so easily won over 4 of the top 6.
I expected to finish 7th.

No one expected to challenge the Top 6, I think you’re making that up to discredit people with genuine concerns.

We’ve beaten 3 of the Top 6’s most inconsistent teams, all at home. We aren’t the only ones doing that at the minute.

In amongst them three victories, that is saving Silva’s job, is 1 point in 3 away games to: Newcastle, Fulham and Crystal Palace.

It has been a massively disappointing season. To suggest otherwise is baffling.

I wouldnt even respond to these jokers. Anyone that cant see the difference between us this season and last season doesnt know football. Even with the bad patch we had, you can clearly see the difference between this and what we were playing under Sam is chalk and cheese. People are whinging about the game on Saturday....if that was Man City then everyone would be saying how dominate they were and were unlucky not win but because its us and people cant wait to pick holes, its seen as Silva will never be good enough.
I swear the worst thing that happened to this club in many ways we getting 8th last year. We were literally the worst defensive team in open play in the entire league - WORSE than Fulham. We generated few chances - like bottom third - to go along with it. But we got lucky as heck to be 8th and everyone thinks Silva didn't improve us. Did anyone watch us play last year? Silva has contributed to a massive improvement in this team.

We are inconsistent because many of the players still aren't that great and need replacing. The man certainly deserves next year.
The problem is people want instant improvement just because a few (more)quid has been spent last summer.
They cant get past the fact to improve you need to iron out the faults that were blatantly there last season WHICH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SILVA.
Those of us who are level headed can see that we are in a better place now because of Silva and feel positive that next season will see an even bigging improvement.
A couple of obvious quality signings should do.

Oh and for all those who want Silva out, no one can come up with anyone who would or could come in and do a better job!

Glass half full, not half empty.

The problem is people want instant improvement just because a few (more)quid has been spent last summer.
They cant get past the fact to improve you need to iron out the faults that were blatantly there last season WHICH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SILVA.
Those of us who are level headed can see that we are in a better place now because of Silva and feel positive that next season will see an even bigging improvement.

Oh and for all those who want Silva out, no one can come up with anyone who would or could come in and do a better job!

People also never factor in that other teams are allowed to improve.

They think everybody else is standing still waiting for Everton to catch them or watching Everton move past them.

We play in the hardest league in the world, a league that doesnt stand still.

We should move to Germany and win DAS SPL every year.

I think part of the problem is that certain people just see POINTS without understanding how the POINTS got produced. Not understanding luck. Not understanding that POINTS is a stat, too. Even in our poor form, there were clear signs that we weren't as bad as the results would indicated and over time things would be fine. And they are for now.

Desperate to see him fail next season so they can be right on the internet and say i told you so, look look i said this would happen etc
no right minded Evertonian wants the manager to fail, because obviously Everton fail if he does they might not agree with his methods, maybe didn't want him there, but to say they want him to fail is baffling.

No one expected to challenge the Top 6, I think you’re making that up to discredit people with genuine concerns.

We’ve beaten 3 of the Top 6’s most inconsistent teams, all at home. We aren’t the only ones doing that at the minute.

In amongst them three victories, that is saving Silva’s job, is 1 point in 3 away games to: Newcastle, Fulham and Crystal Palace.

It's actually baffling that you're down playing the United/Arsenal/Chelsea results as them being "inconsistent" rather than giving credit to Silva or Everton.
Newcastle should have been put to bed we were 2-0 up and choked hopefully we learned from it.
Fulham we picked the same team as the one that smashed Arsenal and the player didn't turn up (Not Silva's fault by the way.)
Palace, Dominated from top to bottom just couldn't get the ball across the line maybe if we had a different striker or another day it was just one of them sadly.

Even with your rationale to say this season has been massively disappointing is just silly and seems like you’re just trying to seek attention.

Granted this is from last season but it supports my theory that many Everton fans have unrealistic expectations.

7984369A-B427-4F76-A2EC-9C431C585D46.png

People also never factor in that other teams are allowed to improve.

They think everybody else is standing still waiting for Everton to catch them or watching Everton move past them.

We play in the hardest league in the world, a league that doesnt stand still.

We should move to Germany and win DAS SPL every year.

I've said it on several occasions, but the clubs ahead of us will have to make some mistakes of course. But they might.

Man U has done really poor business for example:
This year: signed Fred for 60M, sent Fellaini to China who actually could help a bit, sold Blind to Ajax where he's been solid for 14M.
Last year: Signed Lukaku for 90M, Matic for 40M, Lindelhof for 32M (who is decent), Alexis Sanchez for 30M. Sold Rooney, let Ibra go, sold Mkhitaryan.
Two years: Signed Pogba for 100M, Mkhitaryan for 40M, Bailly for 35M. Sold Schneiderlin for 20M, Sold Depay for 15M (man, we should've been all over that)
That's some TERRIBLE business.

Arsenal business was just AWFUL this past year, lost a bunch of players for nothing:
This year: Signed Torriera for 35M (good), Leno for 29M (bad IMO), Sokratis for 20M (bad IMO), Guendouzi for 10M (good), Denis Suarez (loan). Sold for nothing Aaron Ramsey, Wilshere, Carloza, loaned out Calum Chambers.
Last year: Really good actually...

Chelsea business:
This year: Signed: Kepa 80M, Pulisic 64M (next year), Jorginho (57M), Higuain (big loan fee). Sold Courtois (35M).
They've still got a ton of players on loan - Zouma, Batshuayi, Morata (still gone for 18 months), Bakayoko - been awesome for Milan, Abraham, Kenedy, Aina, etc. But that business is not amazing IMO.

So those clubs will have to make similar errors for us to ever catch them, but with an excellent D of F and a solid net investment, it's doable over time.

Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal were all there for the taking this season. In a way it's a missed opportunity really as if he'd of had a good first season instead of a very average one we could have been in with a shot at a champions league place. I wasn't expecting or deffo wasn't demanding that but that's how it's turned out. Will any or all of them be as poor again next season? Let's hope so and be ready to pounce, all three previous managers (Moyes 65 Martinez 72 and Koeman 61) would have came very close or got in this season with their best points totals so whilst you may think I'm talking out my arse they are the facts. shame as It could have been an interesting season but it hasn't been really exciting at all.

It's actually baffling that you're down playing the United/Arsenal/Chelsea results as them being "inconsistent" rather than giving credit to Silva or Everton.
Newcastle should have been put to bed we were 2-0 up and choked hopefully we learned from it.
Fulham we picked the same team as the one that smashed Arsenal and the player didn't turn up (Not Silva's fault by the way.)
Palace, Dominated from top to bottom just couldn't get the ball across the line maybe if we had a different striker or another day it was just one of them sadly.
I’m down playing them because we’re not the only midtable team punishing these sides at the minute.

We didn’t learn from going 2-0 up at Bournemouth and throwing it away, so why will we learn from Newcastle?

Picking Jagielka in the Fulham game was a huge error on Silva’s part. All because he came in and we beat a poor Arsenal side, who have since lost 3 league games.

We all knew we wouldn’t beat Palace. Silva, and the Everton team in general, can’t cope with any sort of pressure being applied on them. It was a must win game in the quest for Europe and we choked again.

As I said, massively disappointing season and some huge worries going into next season with a manager who has it all to prove still in the hot seat.

Even with your rationale to say this season has been massively disappointing is just silly and seems like you’re just trying to seek attention.

Granted this is from last season but it supports my theory that many Everton fans have unrealistic expectations.

View attachment 57478
I’m genuinely stunned you can view this season as anything other than massively disappointing.

Also, them polls aren’t serious.

I’m down playing them because we’re not the only midtable team punishing these sides at the minute.

We didn’t learn from going 2-0 up at Bournemouth and throwing it away, so why will we learn from Newcastle?

Picking Jagielka in the Fulham game was a huge error on Silva’s part. All because he came in and we beat a poor Arsenal side, who have since lost 3 league games.

We all knew we wouldn’t beat Palace. Silva, and the Everton team in general, can’t cope with any sort of pressure being applied on them. It was a must win game in the quest for Europe and we choked again.

As I said, massively disappointing season and some huge worries going into next season with a manager who has it all to prove still in the hot seat.
You're chatting raspberries here m8, Everton haven't beaten a top 6 side since 2017 now you're coming up with "Well other mid table teams beat them so it's not that special."
We smashed them off the park all three of them come out with your chest and give them the credit they deserve even if you think this season is gash.
The Newcastle one is a freak freak result no one even expected us to go 2-0 up for starters Pickford badly messed up that game we were cruising in that first half but the warning signs by Pickford were there and Silva should have managed the 2nd half better but an offside goal and Pickford being a bell won it for them.

No the blame cannot be put on Jags we picked the same team and N O N E of them turned up not a single player and they rightfully beat us, Changing a defender would have not impact our attackers being absolute terrible.

Some fans were apprehensive about the Palace game but on the day we turned up and dominated them we didn't get the goal that we deserved it was just one of them games sadly, Most of us predicted they wouldn't turn up so can't be too arsey about it.
The only worry for next season should be the Christmas form and not repeating it again, It's been an average season but if I was going by your post I would have thought we were about 17th.

Status
Not open for further replies.