• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been a season of fluctuations from awful performances to exceptional ones.
The positive is that the manager can get the team to play as well as it has recently, that they have been able to address the issue of defending that was so poor that even Man City tried the aerial route against us and that he has been able to get young players to buy into what he is trying to do.

I would say there is a positive and hopeful attitude in the squad at the moment and at the end of a season that is encouraging.

By that metric then so have we. We were expected to finish about 7th/8th.

There's two games left and we're 4 points off 7th and 1 point off 8th. All the clubs in our bracket (West Ham, Watford, Leicester and Wolves) have looked class at some points in the season and looked terrible in others.

The next step for us is to become more consistent than the others next season and put distance between us and them on the table. That will be their target as well.
I’d say we are where about we’re qw expected to finish around the 55 point mark which would usually get 7th but there is a few better teams this year around mid table.

However our run over xmas then revival is trademark inconsistency

I didn’t want Silva at the start of the season and I’ve now moved to wait and see
I still have doubts
The 3 issues I had with him were
Inability to organise a defence
He proved me right at the start of the season but the amount of clean sheets since the Cardiff away game has made me think maybe I was wrong

Inability to arrest a slump
That mid season slump was worrying and 15 points from 17 games is a worrying trend
However he seems to have pulled them out of that sticky patch.
Still the Fulham game was a worry

Poor game management
We have won very few points when we have conceded first in a game.
This and the fact that he rarely makes unforced substitutes early in the second half is a pointer that he has no plan B or alternative way of playing.
Granted his subs have worked out once or twice but mainly they are too late or have no impact on a game

However his one saving Grace is the players seem to like him and have faith in him

Brands is the key for me
So far his signings have done well ( Mina excepted due to injury ) and 3/4 quality additions along with Zouma and Gomes ( or equivalent) should see us do better next season
I’m in favour of giving him one more season ( with reservations) but there has to be a sustained level of consistency plus a much higher points total and a good cup run(s)
However without this I think next season will be his last

Agree with all of this. He deserves another full season to see how those signs of improvement pan out over a longer period. As long as there is more progress, even if we don't get into the Europa spots next season, that will be acceptable.

How many clean sheets in the last few games is that now? Are we not going to credit improvement in the same way we bashed him for how weak we were at set pieces. He’s arguably sorted that quicker than the greatest manager in the world Klopp did (who also came 8th in his first season, and Guardiola came 4th with a squad that are now posting plus 90 points each season). Perhaps seeing the undeniable improvement and allowing Silva more time is the best route forward here rather than undermining him for missing 7th by a couple of points.

It would appear that some on here still hanker after watching - no shots on goal, nine men behind the ball, up and under footy, rather than beating teams in the so called top six with a swagger.

Inconsistent based on this season yes but so have Man utd, Chelsea, Arse and Tottenham as well the only consistent teams all season have been wolves, City and the kopites

The RS and City are the only two teams that could be classed as consistent mate.

Apart from the bottom three, everyone else has pretty much beaten everyone else at some point - hence why the league is popular worldwide.

The RS and City are the only two teams that could be classed as consistent mate.

Apart from the bottom three, everyone else has pretty much beaten everyone else at some point - hence why the league is popular worldwide.
I was more referring to wolves form across the season relatively same same but I’d agree that outside of the top two it’s been a up and down season

Newcastle 3-2 everton
Everton 2-0 Chelsea
West ham 0-2 Everton
Everton 1-0 Arsenal
Fulham 2-0 Everton
Everton 4-0 United
Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton

LOL.

Apart from City and Liverpool, you could put up the last seven results from every single team in the league and they would read something similar to that.

So by your rational, every other manager, apart from Pep and Baccy Teeth, is inconsistent too !!!

Must try harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.