• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allardyce came in to get points no matter what way. It was mainly negative.
Silva is in to build and adopt a style and not to gain points any negative way.
Silva is here to play footy and win hopefully.
Allardyce could not and wouldn't be able to build and progress a team whereas Silva can and is doing.

Big difference in managers.
silva is inconsistent and is not a good manager.

We're inconsistent, yes.

But we're in a better place to go on and build than we have been at any point in the last two seasons.

Last year, we were getting hammered by the big teams and drawing away at the crap sides, who we managed to beat at home.

And you'd happily have seen us spend £50m on a 32-year-old and a striker who has got relegated? Sound.
yes, as would most people, they have 30 premier league goals between them.

I haven't totally forgotten how bad we were from December to around March but there has been signs of progress -- which was all I wanted to see this season. Next season we'll see if we really can progress more and not only give the top 6 teams a game but able to beat teams in and around us. We need to be more consistent if we're going to challenge for Europe. We've found it hard to break teams down and Saturday showed that, even though DCL is a very good player, we need a striker as well as a playmaker.

How many clean sheets in the last few games is that now? Are we not going to credit improvement in the same way we bashed him for how weak we were at set pieces. He’s arguably sorted that quicker than the greatest manager in the world Klopp did (who also came 8th in his first season, and Guardiola came 4th with a squad that are now posting plus 90 points each season). Perhaps seeing the undeniable improvement and allowing Silva more time is the best route forward here rather than undermining him for missing 7th by a couple of points.

I didn’t want Silva at the start of the season and I’ve now moved to wait and see
I still have doubts
The 3 issues I had with him were
Inability to organise a defence
He proved me right at the start of the season but the amount of clean sheets since the Cardiff away game has made me think maybe I was wrong

Inability to arrest a slump
That mid season slump was worrying and 15 points from 17 games is a worrying trend
However he seems to have pulled them out of that sticky patch.
Still the Fulham game was a worry

Poor game management
We have won very few points when we have conceded first in a game.
This and the fact that he rarely makes unforced substitutes early in the second half is a pointer that he has no plan B or alternative way of playing.
Granted his subs have worked out once or twice but mainly they are too late or have no impact on a game

However his one saving Grace is the players seem to like him and have faith in him

Brands is the key for me
So far his signings have done well ( Mina excepted due to injury ) and 3/4 quality additions along with Zouma and Gomes ( or equivalent) should see us do better next season
I’m in favour of giving him one more season ( with reservations) but there has to be a sustained level of consistency plus a much higher points total and a good cup run(s)
However without this I think next season will be his last

If we can take our current form over the last 10 games (5th) into next season, with 2 or 3 thoughtful signings, I'll be well chuffed. People refusing to admit there has been an improvement lately need to book themselves an eye test.

when you consider some of the teams we have played within that run, makes it even more impressive

he and the team have done well recently, credit where its due

It's not been a great season

However, we have seen what we have potential to be when he gets it right (Such as the drubbing of Man United, which was one of the more enjoyable trips I've had to Goodison in recent memory)

I would still have him over Allardyce. The football is better and at least we try and beat the big teams, even if we don't always succeed. I'll take more pleasant memories from this season than I will from the last one, that's for sure. It's nice to see an Everton team that doesn't just surrender to the big sides all the time, like we always did under Large Samuel

Here's hoping that Silva and Brands have the right players in mind for next season and can bring them in, whilst also moving on the players that need moving on

Silva has a lot of work still left to do, and it's not been plain sailing this season by any means. However, we know what a Marco Silva Everton side in full pomp looks like and it's good. In fact, it's bloody good. I'm willing to give him a chance to see if he can get us doing that every week, because if he can there's going to be plenty of exciting and enjoyable afternoons on the horizon

He wasn't my first choice by any means, and there's been plenty of occasions this season where he has frustrated me, but the identity he wants us to have seems clear and is also a very positive one. And unlike other managers who have tried to get us to play the positive possession based style he also seems to grasp the importance of defending as well and isn't going to think a game is "Phenomenal" just because we won the passing

This can work. I'm not saying it will, because I don't know (And nor do any of his detractors either btw) but I have a positive feeling at the moment and my mouth is watering at the thought of what we COULD be if he gets this right. He might not, but it strikes me that it's worth chasing that dream, certainly for now at the very least

I mean in reflection to where they where expected to finish there form has been pretty consistent all year

By that metric then so have we. We were expected to finish about 7th/8th.

There's two games left and we're 4 points off 7th and 1 point off 8th. All the clubs in our bracket (West Ham, Watford, Leicester and Wolves) have looked class at some points in the season and looked terrible in others.

The next step for us is to become more consistent than the others next season and put distance between us and them on the table. That will be their target as well.

We've the best goal difference outside the top six and similar goals for to wolves/Watford without a proper goal scoring striker. If we can fix that (either by DCL improving that aspect of his game or bringing someone in) and maintain our recent defensive record then next season could be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.