• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And after making such a
total arse of himself before the Chelsea game too.

I actually predicted we would win the Chelsea game - maybe go read the Chelsea pre match thread.

1-0 Siggurdsson was my exact prediction (so close)

Dont let facts get in the way of your weird agenda. Thought you had me on ignore btw mate? Must love me too much!

So which one is it?

Its the one where he sorts himself out and shows he's better than a 1 win in every 6 manager.

Shown nothing to suggest he aint and had Chelsea not squandered chances they could have put us away 1st half.

You should take it up with those who are so flimsy in their opinions of the players and manager that one game they are ace the next crap.

Im opinionated but im fair - if he wins more than he loses he gets my backing but he's certainly not done enough nearly one full season in for me to start kissing his ass because we beat a Chelsea side who's manager will soon be getting the bullet.

Reactions: Lob

Its the one where he sorts himself out and shows he's better than a 1 win in every 6 manager.

Shown nothing to suggest he aint and had Chelsea not squandered chances they could have put us away 1st half.

You should take it up with those who are so flimsy in their opinions of the players and manager that one game they are ace the next crap.

Im opinionated but im fair - if he wins more than he loses he gets my backing but he's certainly not done enough nearly one full season in for me to start kissing his ass because we beat a Chelsea side who's manager will soon be getting the bullet.

I don't think for one minute anyone is content with this season. I think people recognise the many signings that needed to be integrated some of whom did not have a pre-season. Tosun gave us a little hope last season that he would be a striker to get us going but it is obvious he is not. So we are a main goal scorer down. He realistically has had a miserly one window and looked like he was prevented to strengthen in January. One window and people a screaming for his head because we are not fighting for top 6. Give your head a wobble and look at your watch and realise what time means. He hasn't really had much time with a team that is half his players and half of players he might not even want. We get rid of him then the next manager will want time and his own players but a 5 minute bad spell in his first game and you will be wanting him sacked. For Everton to get successful again a manager needs a little time.

I don't think for one minute anyone is content with this season. I think people recognise the many signings that needed to be integrated some of whom did not have a pre-season. Tosun gave us a little hope last season that he would be a striker to get us going but it is obvious he is not. So we are a main goal scorer down. He realistically has had a miserly one window and looked like he was prevented to strengthen in January. One window and people a screaming for his head because we are not fighting for top 6. Give your head a wobble and look at your watch and realise what time means. He hasn't really had much time with a team that is half his players and half of players he might not even want. We get rid of him then the next manager will want time and his own players but a 5 minute bad spell in his first game and you will be wanting him sacked. For Everton to get successful again a manager needs a little time.

Way too sensible.

In the bin you go.

Maybe im old school mate but a good manager gets a tune out of his squad. I dont buy that a manager needs 11 of his own players and a 20 goal a season striker to be any good.

Klopp for example with his own players has that lot right up there - he still could get a side with half his side not his to cup finals and competing for the top 4.

Alladyce took a worse side than what Silva has and had them 8th last season and in terms of win % we were top 6 or thereabouts.

Silva hasnt had it all rosey however he's also not had it any harder than what any manager inherits outside the top 6 sides and hes underperformed largely.

Some people are happy for him to get another season and fair enough but those that dont and are vocal at not wanting to be traveling up and down the country every weekend to watch more of the same crap that we've been put through get pelters and its wrong.

Maybe im old school mate but a good manager gets a tune out of his squad. I dont buy that a manager needs 11 of his own players and a 20 goal a season striker to be any good.

Klopp for example with his own players has that lot right up there - he still could get a side with half his side not his to cup finals and competing for the top 4.

Alladyce took a worse side than what Silva has and had them 8th last season and in terms of win % we were top 6 or thereabouts.

Silva hasnt had it all rosey however he's also not had it any harder than what any manager inherits outside the top 6 sides and hes underperformed largely.

Some people are happy for him to get another season and fair enough but those that dont and are vocal at not wanting to be traveling up and down the country every weekend to watch more of the same crap that we've been put through get pelters and its wrong.

You talk about Klopp a lot.

I think an unbeaten finish to the season, and perhaps claim 7th place, and that can salvage a mediocre season a small bit.I don't understand this Silva haters talk.We all want Everton to win, and as a manager at Everton, you will be praised or criticized accordingly based on results or performances.I think the challenge now is to show, that the Chelsea game was not a once off.There is no harm in trying to raise the standards and expectations.Colin Harvey was a great great great player for Everton.Not to mention his influential role behind the success of the mid 80's side, as Howard Kendalls assistant.

But as a manager things didn't quite work out.But by modern Everton standards a record of 4th 8th and 6th along with a cup final defeat, would have been seen as a success.I guess my point is that Everton fans should have high standards.They shouldn't be afraid to have high standards, and they shouldn't be criticized or ridiculed for having high standards.And if we feel that those high standards are not being maintained or upheld, then we have every right to voice our opinions.7th place trophies just don't cut any ice with me.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.