• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe im old school mate but a good manager gets a tune out of his squad. I dont buy that a manager needs 11 of his own players and a 20 goal a season striker to be any good.

Klopp for example with his own players has that lot right up there

Klopp without his own players = 8th
Klopp with some of his own players = 4th
Klopp with 3 years of buying his own players = 1st

Find a bin, jump in it, then set fire to it.

Klopp without his own players = 8th
Klopp with some of his own players = 4th
Klopp with 3 years of buying his own players = 1st

Find a bin, jump in it, then set fire to it.

So you agree with some of his own players (6 out of 11 on the pitch) Silva should be higher than 11th?

And wishing death on someone who doesnt agree with what you think on football?

You seem a nice human being do you post on 4chan?

Maybe im old school mate but a good manager gets a tune out of his squad. I dont buy that a manager needs 11 of his own players and a 20 goal a season striker to be any good.

Klopp for example with his own players has that lot right up there - he still could get a side with half his side not his to cup finals and competing for the top 4.

Alladyce took a worse side than what Silva has and had them 8th last season and in terms of win % we were top 6 or thereabouts.

Silva hasnt had it all rosey however he's also not had it any harder than what any manager inherits outside the top 6 sides and hes underperformed largely.

Some people are happy for him to get another season and fair enough but those that dont and are vocal at not wanting to be traveling up and down the country every weekend to watch more of the same crap that we've been put through get pelters and its wrong.

Your argument lost all ground when you mentioned Allardyce. Now with Allardyce despite getting 8th the football was that horrible to watch that the fans not being content with 8th justifiably called for him to be removed and most of his latter games. Silva despite being in a worse position is not playing worse football. We have seen enough from the team to know that when they gel they are quite good. Unfortunately the haven't gelled consistently but we have something to grab onto and give us a little hope. Don't think we ever had that with Allardyce. Give Silva his summer window then if he doesn't get the team playing progressive football consistently then we can make a fairer judgement on him and know if he is the one for us or not.

I am not getting involved with Klopp talk but I will say he needed time and has been given time.

So you agree with some of his own players (6 out of 11 on the pitch) Silva should be higher than 11th?

I never wished death on you, I would fancy your chances of escaping a burning bin.

With the team Silva has he should be higher than 11th, for sure.

But I was just highlighting how you were wrong with your Klopp comment, thats all.

Some managers, like Jose, join big teams and hit the ground running, some managers, like Plopp take time to build the team how they want it.

Silva needs time, if we are still 11th in December then no amount of players will save him. I dont buy into the "he needs players" line myself, a good manager should get bad players to perform to decent level. Silva doesnt even have bad players.

But maybe he needs time to get his ideas across, to mould the team, thats the only reason I feel he should be given time.

And no, ive never posted on 4chan, its full of horrible edgelords.

6 new players very rarely hit the ground running. Settling in period needed unless they really stink the place out week in week out which none of them have.

I will just leave these here ready for after the West Ham game. ;)

ShadowyMarvelousDrongo-max-1mb.gif

lol

Your argument lost all ground when you mentioned Allardyce. Now with Allardyce despite getting 8th the football was that horrible to watch that the fans not being content with 8th justifiably called for him to be removed and most of his latter games. Silva despite being in a worse position is not playing worse football. We have seen enough from the team to know that when they gel they are quite good. Unfortunately the haven't gelled consistently but we have something to grab onto and give us a little hope. Don't think we ever had that with Allardyce. Give Silva his summer window then if he doesn't get the team playing progressive football consistently then we can make a fairer judgement on him and know if he is the one for us or not.

I am not getting involved with Klopp talk but I will say he needed time and has been given time.

If you cant see the hypocrisy between saying Silva needs time to improve the football on show whilst at the same time saying "alladyce was uber gash" after being given only 6-8 months in the job with players like Martina, Williams and Klaassan in the starting 11 there is no point debating mate.

I didnt want Alladyce amd wanted him gone myself, however its funny (and telling) how so many slate anti Silva posters for "not giving him time" yet were so quick to demand the previous fella be punted despite him only having 2 of his own players and just 8 months in the job

For me its one rule for all or none at all - if Alladyce is expected to get instant results then so is Silva and the next bloke otherwise where do we draw the line?

If you want to give a manager two seasons and 11 of his own players then by definition BSA should have been given the support from those on here fighting the good fight of "a manager needs time and his own players".

If you cant see the hypocrisy between saying Silva needs time to improve the football on show whilst at the same time saying "alladyce was uber gash" after being given only 6-8 months in the job with players like Martina, Williams and Klaassan in the starting 11 there is no point debating mate.

I didnt want Alladyce amd wanted him gone myself, however its funny (and telling) how so many slate anti Silva posters for "not giving him time" yet were so quick to demand the previous fella be punted despite him only having 2 of his own players.

For me its one rule for all or none at all - if Alladyce is expected to get instant results then so is Silva and the next bloke otherwise where do we draw the line?

If you want to give a manager two seasons and 11 of his own players then by definition BSA should have been given the support from those on here fighting the good fight of "a manager needs time and his own players".

I think you are over looking the main point. Silva is here to build Allardyce was here to stiffen our resolve. Allardyce cannot build a team but just shuts up shop basically taking football out of football.

I think you are over looking the main point. Silva is here to build Allardyce was here to stiffen our resolve. Allardyce cannot build a team but just shuts up shop basically taking football out of football.

But what has Silva built since his time in England?

He got relegated with Hull and had his head turned 9 games into the season at Watford and was then sacked for an awful run of form.

People get swivel eyed at these young fancy named foreign coaches and believe every one of them is capable of building some ultra futbol side of 21 year old wonderkids and in reality it very rarely happens.

For me he's another Martinez who's good at blagging and getting the odd decent result to keep his head above water when it looks like the emperor actually isn't wearing any clothes.

My own opinion is as soon as Alladyce was punted the new manager had to have atleast got 8th in his first season with some signs of progress on the pitch - he's failing on both counts at present.

If we get 8th then for me he gets another season as its only fair - however I remain sceptical and would be shocked with us winning at West Ham this weekend.

But what has Silva built since his time in England?

He got relegated with Hull and had his head turned 9 games into the season at Watford and was then sacked for an awful run of form.

People get swivel eyed at these young fancy named foreign coaches and believe every one of them is capable of building some ultra futbol side of 21 year old wonderkids and in reality it very rarely happens.

For me he's another Martinez who's good at blagging and getting the odd decent result to keep his head above water when it looks like the emperor actually isn't wearing any clothes.

My own opinion is as soon as Alladyce was punted the new manager had to have atleast got 8th in his first season with some signs of progress on the pitch - he's failing on both counts at present.

If we get 8th then for me he gets another season as its only fair - however I remain sceptical and would be shocked with us winning at West Ham this weekend.

He hasn't had a full season yet so no time to build yet.
Don't think it has anything to do with the fancy foreign names, think it is because I really cannot think of an English manager that could prove he would be better.
I believe we have made progress on the pitch but not result wise. Our football is certainly better than last season IMO. I have said before time and time again that I would rather finish 10th/11th attempting to play football than 7th or 8th trying to nick points and football is irrevalent.

Allardyce was a popular choice to be sacked as he made people fall out of love with the game. He sucks enjoyment out of football. The best feeling in football is winning and winning in style. Attempting to play football actually makes that a possibility the Allardyce way does not.

7 points from 12 pre international break, arguably should have been 10 have we not flapped it at Newcastle and full 12 if Bernard's legs had been an inch or two longer against the brethren, suggests things are turning round imo

7 points from 12 pre international break, arguably should have been 10 have we not flapped it at Newcastle and full 12 if Bernard's legs had been an inch or two longer against the brethren, suggests things are turning round imo
Did you change your vote mush?

Status
Not open for further replies.